Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
CouchsCampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #911
Some new changes I seen.

Hi everyone I thought i'd drop in and share some of the new changes I seen at the dealers show this past week. First thing the 3670RL and 3685FL have been dropped. They are coming out with 2 new floor plans. One is alot like the 3400rl but has a rear entertainment center. I thing the numbers where 3675RE but I can't remember off the top of my head. The other new one is kind of like the 3670RL but it is alot shorter it's number is 30 something RL. I know some of you have seen the new graphic's. They have also changed a couple inside colors. The only one they kept was desert sunset. One is a blue with tan carpet. The other has some greens and tans in it. They have added a kind of docking center/winterizing center. It has the outside shower, water heater bypass valve, city water fill, Fresh water fill valve, Black tank flush, Winterizing valve, Battery disconnect and in-line water drains in it. The counter tops have more of a desighn on the edges now. They have a cutting board and plate drainer which are under the soild covers. The biggest change I seen was the front cap. It has been changed to give you 30% more turning radius. This will do away with the need for a slider hitch on short bed trucks. They have also added a mirror like plate to the front so you can see the hitch in the truck when hooking up. I was told that the new cap will be coming in febuary. I did take some pictures but not sure where to post them for you to see so if anyone can help with that i'd be glad to post them or send them to you.

CouchsCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Quote: "The biggest change I seen was the front cap. It has been changed to give you 30% more turning radius. This will do away with the need for a slider hitch on short bed trucks".

Ha ha! They haven't put that to the "Margee" test yet. Bet I could still blow out the rear window of the truck.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the report. Great info
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I sure cannot wait for the upcoming rv show the end of Jan. I hope to see many of those changes there. Thanks for the update info on the 06 line up.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:47 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CouchsCampers

I did take some pictures but not sure where to post them for you to see so if anyone can help with that i'd be glad to post them or send them to you.
Ray, go to this link (http://geocities.com/montanaowners/), put together by Glenn, to see how to post these picts. We all would be anxious to see them.

Dave

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You guys are lucky! Here in N. MI we have our NW Mich RV show the end of March in Traverse City (24-26).

Now that I think of it... maybe we're the lucky ones. How many more changes are they going to make NEXT month... then the month after THAT??? Sounds like things at Keystone are changing almost DAILY! Two new floor plans???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well that, if true, would put a crimp in our ordering a 3670RL.We wre not planning on ordering till Jan or feb sowe will see what happens...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #8
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
I too saw the new cap design with the mirror about a month ago @ the factory. I posted it would be an improvement for those of us with short bed trucks. Not only does it increase turning radius but is also supposed to help with fuel efficiency by design. I really like the looks of the new cap. I have seen a couple other manufactures front cap designs (to increase turning radius) and so far this is the best looking one I have seen IMHO. I too hope they do not discontinue the 3670rl I am kinda partial to that floor plan.
Rick
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:29 AM   #9
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Interesting information; thanks for posting what you saw! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:30 AM   #10
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Likewise about the 3670. With a threesome the open space is more than welcome. I hope they keep something with the opposing slides to keep the openness.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen and I are really bummed out that the 3670RL MAY be discontinued..We are calling our dealer to see if they have any infomation. The 3670rl was the ONLY floor plan that suited us in the Montana line and if that is gone we are back to square one in our search for a camper.Our next best choice was the Cardinal 34TS.We don't have a problem with the cardinal line but Forest river is not known for their customer support..Glad we are not ordering till later ..perhaps much later...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:57 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What a revolting development this is.Just spoke to our dealer Bill Tea at Town& Country in Clyde, Ohio.He was at the same Dealer show that Couchescampers was.. It is Gospel, The 3670 and the 3685 are history. The sales on both of those units dropped off with the popularity of the 3400. He said that there were NO Cambridge's there and that many of the new Montana upgrades came from the Cambridge...does not look good for the Cambridge. There are NO floor plans for the units that will replace the 3670/3685 YET.He will send me info as soon as he gets it. We are not happy campers at this point...And no we will not buy a exsisting 3670Rl model that will be discontinued..
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #13
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Rich
Take a look at the 3475 Montana. The floor plan is similar, but the 3475 has more cabinet space than the 3670. They both come with three slides and is the same length. The 3475 has all of the new features of the 3400 but with three slides and a fixed kitchen. Like the 3670, you can use the entire coach when parked with the slides in. When we saw the 3475 at the factory, we fell in love with it. When we tried to trade our 2003 Montana in, Our dealer was told there was no 3475. Then one came in after the RV show in KY. Wrong color, but we could order one then. Were well pleased in the upgrades that Montana has put in the new 2005/2006 models. Ours has over 7000 miles on it and still no major problems. This will be our second winter in Florida in it.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ken..see what you mean..It is close to the 3670 perhaps that is one of the reasons they discontinued it..We will see what shakes out of this.."realignment" We really don't need a camper till around memorial day so we have plenty of time..Thanks for the heads up...
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CouchsCampers

I did take some pictures but not sure where to post them for you to see so if anyone can help with that i'd be glad to post them or send them to you.
Ray, go to this link (http://geocities.com/montanaowners/), put together by Glenn, to see how to post these picts. We all would be anxious to see them.

Dave
Ray do like Dave said or you can email or private message me through my profile and I will be glad to help you out.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #16
CouchsCampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #911
Hi everyone. I had my wife make a place to post them. Here is a link to the site on msn they are on. Hope this works.

http://groups.msn.com/CouchsCampersI...nw?albumlist=2
CouchsCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #17
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ray, the pictures were great, loved the front cap. Thanks for the first hand look at the new interiers. It's neat to have someone with a little knowledge of the subject letting the rest of us know what is going on. Keep up the good work, but keep in mind, we have purchased two Montys from you guys and hope that we can wait a while before you show these to my wife.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #18
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Very nice Photos, really like the "Docking Station". What is the open area above the King Pin, is it just storage? Seems like everytime I see a new model, there's something I would like to have on my 5er.

Thanks Again
JP

Oops, my mistake, I reread your post, I guess I'm looking at the mirror for the hitch...
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Some really neat changes for the new Montana's, although I do not really like that mirror on the front cap. What happens when it is dirty from road debris and what are you to do with it when everyone walking through the campground stops to fix their hair or check to make sure no food in ones teeth? I will say I like the new rear entertainment center on the back wall. Now I cant wait till the end of Jan for the rv show. Thanks for the great pics.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Nice pictures! Now we wish we had a new unit!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote