Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839

Got the "sticker price" on nicely equipped 06/3670.Arctic package, Fireplace, Fantastic fan, Wiring for 2nd A/C % washer Dryer, King bed, Slide awning package, Ceiling fan, Separate slide selector valves, Aluminum wheels and all the usual goodies....52,330.00 Does that sound about right??Wanted the sticker price so I will know how much to dicker off. Would buy now EXCEPT that our season is about over..This is Northern Ohio and it is down hill from here on and as our personal protest on the high fuel prices ..we quit now. Makes me feel better..at least we did something beside gripe.However the primary reason is that we do not want the new camper to sit in the driveway till March or April.We want to pick it up at the dealer , hook it up and go out on a 3 or 400 mile "see what falls off the camper" trip..I know what you are thinking "oh ye of little faith"" in this case ..you bet.. Whatever "tiny little thing" might go wrong.(see I have faith...) we do not want to deal with it with 6 or 7 months of the warranty gone.We are looking foward to the new camper and next years travels.perhaps we will get to meet some of you once we actually have a Montana...

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
richfaa, I bought my 3670 in Dec. as a Christmas gift to the two of us (not really, but it sounded good). We do not have the harsh weather as you do, but it is still to cold to go camping in the 5th wheel in our area. I thought that we could do some driveway camping and have the entire upcomming season to do a shake down of the unit. It worked out good for me as at the end of the first season I had a small list of warranty work I thought needed to be done and took it in in the off season for the repairs. I do not know about the price you are looking at as mine is a 2004 and it did cost a lot less than what you have been quoted. I am with you on the gas prices, they are getting a little out of hand.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We just got a 2005 Montana 3670. Love it
We paid less than you were quoted. But then it's a 2005.
Right now we are taking our first trip in North/Eastern Ohio. Near Connect. Hope I spelled that right. Going to be very cool tonight.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That price was the MSVRP and just a reference point.Friends of ours just took delivery of much the same unit and paid 36,500 hitch included. Chuck and Carol..Think you mean conneaut..we go there all the time..Nice campground at the 241 mile marker I-90 Evergreen Lake Park. D Henry..cold..California, Surely you jest ..We will have a low of @ 48 tonite,,high today was 72.We could have snow by Halloween...Usually winterize the camper before the end of September.Usually can't get into the Camper next to the house because of the snow drifts...Usually don't get out till April..We had snow the 15th of MAY this year..When I say COLD...I mean..COLD...One more year then Florida or AZ for the winter...
Old 08-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Rich and Helen,

Your friends got a good price I think. We camp in the winter and we are in Michigan. Our first trip was from here to Florida and back in February. We braved the snow both ways. As long as it's not a blizzard you can travel fairly easily on X-ways.

Still your idea of waiting until spring is a good one. We got ours in late October and didn't even try it out really except one night until February.

Good luck on your future Montana buying. I thought you were stuck on the 3295RK?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:54 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes on the 3295..Helen was stuck on the Island Kitchen, more counter space and the interior is her pick..However when she got to see and spend some time with the 3670 she switched gears and likes the openness of the 3670 and there is enough counter space to suit her.She says ..this is it..no more switching gears...the 3670 it is....i hope???
Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
I am taking delivery of mine the first of sept. I had mine built to my specs. and was much of what you are talking about except no fireplace and we are getting 2nd ac. The cost was 42,000.00.We are also getting the high gloss fiberglass gel coat.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:46 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
PUD2..You said that you had the unit built to your specs..Exactly what do you mean by that.Example,,we do not want the fireplace or the artic package or the high gloss finish..The so called entertainment system is junk and we would like to NOT have that installed also the mattress is puny and would like Montana to keep it.What kind of flexibility did you have in ordering.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #9
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
What i meant by my specs is that i included the options i wanted. You do not have to get the high gloss, fireplace,hydr. sel valves etc. I believe the mattress and entertainment center is a standard and even though it seems to be junk the speaker wires are allready there should you decide to upgrade. I would encourage the hydr. sel. valves and also i would have a second fantastic fan installed in the bath area to pull out moisture after bathing and aluminum wheels. Hope this helps. Dealer called today and said ours is in and we are going to look at it this weekend.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #10
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We are at the Evergreen right now. Tomorrow we will be going to Kenisee campground. It's a Thousand Trails. Hope more of the Happy Camper campgrounds are like this one.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:56 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Carol and Chuck..Evergreen is one of our favorites,Was there last week for our annual wine buying trip many great wineries in the area.Kenisee is also a very nice campground been there many times also.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
PUD2 ..ok....we understand..We will go with the selector valves and we like the look of the Aluminum wheels and are considering the second fantastic fan.We just have a exhaust fan in the bath area of out TT and it does the job. If we can get one in The Montana see no need to spend the extra $ for the fantastic fan???...
Old 08-24-2005, 05:26 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rich we only have the one fantastic fan and it has done just fine. We use the Drizit stuff and have had no problems with excess moisture or mildew and we used our unit continously for 9 months.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:34 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just had a chat with Town& Country Rv, Montana Dealer in Clyde, Ohio.We have been there before. We advised them that we were going to order a 3670 from them around the first of the year. Also asked them for some help in selling our present camper..We told them what we expected from Montana and them in terms of nickle dime defects when we pre trip the camper.Nothing leaves the lot or gets paid for till we are satisfied..Maybe it will help or maybe once they think about it for awhile they will tell us to go buy another brand from another Dealer???