Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2005, 02:32 AM   #21
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
I admit that I like my Montana. When the time comes to replace it, I won't buy a Montana if it doesn't have the features I want. I guess if Montana wants to stay #1 in sales, they better start reading your postings and build what the customers want. I hope they aren't forgetting how they got to their position in sales. Does anyone think that might be some Thor Industries procedures creeping in?

Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:27 AM   #22
Montana_2992
Established Member

M.O.C. #2992
I would like to encourage those who feel strongly about the "privacy doors" issue to post a comment in the "bring back bathroom privacy doors" topic over in the "Hey Keystone" category... Maybe someone at Keystone is listening... I'm off to look at the Forest River Cardinal line-up... hopefully they haven't eliminated privacy doors in their 2005 floorplans...

- Codfish -
Montana_2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:28 AM   #23
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
There seem to be enough of us who are concerned about the loss of the separation between the bedroom and bathroom that we should be able to let our voices be heard. Steve (Reigle), you are the best spokesman for us. You already have contact with representatives from Keystone/Montana. At least convey our concerns. I am with those who say that if we cannot find this feature which we consider essential, we will look for another 'brand'. I know that it is increasingly hard to find this feature in any 'brand'. I know because that is one of the major features that led us to buy a Montana over some other very desirable models from other makers. So, as far as we are concerned, if Montana does not listen to us on this, we will happily use our present model with which we are very satisfied and when it comes to replacement we will have to look elsewhere.

So, friend Steve, I'm asking for you to represent our interests and concerns. We appreciate your leadership in this forum and your positive approach. Just what we need at this time.

And, yes, I have posted on the "hey Keystone" topic.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:31 AM   #24
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
I also do not favor the new bed/bath redesign.

I wanted the 8 foot wide coach and that left me with a bed that my feet stick out of. So be it. I want to fit on more roads. We are comfortable with a queen width bed. I'm not willing to give up the separate bed and bath area's for the (possibility of a) king width. Like a lot of other people, we sometimes get up at vastly different times.

No door, no sale. No compromise.

Period.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #25
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We previously owned a Hitchhiker II for 9 years before we bought our Montana in Sept 04. The dealer we went to sells both Hitchhiker and Montanans. We went to look at the HH and ended up buying the Montana. The quality in the HH is not what they want you to believe it is. We had some structural problems that should not have happened in that price range of RV's. As far as all components in all RV's they are all bought from the same manufactures pretty much. Also, we had a 30 foot before and now have a 37 foot and it virtually pulls better than the 30 foot ever did. It is heavier than the HH but is more aerodynamic and rolls much better down the road. The Discover America series is the only one with aluminum framing. All the others including the Hitchhiker II are wood. Hitchhiker has a slide-out system that is second to none. But is it really necessary? You won't find a slide-out system on anything that compares with HH. Just some pros and cons.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote