Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
MOC on Keysone Web Site

I found it interesting that Keytone has removed the MOC website from there Montana website. Wonder why?

Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It has been gone for a quite awhile .It is however listed in the Montana Brochure.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Maybe we know to much, or are putting to much pressure on them to DO THE RIGHT THING!
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Could be correct, wonder if sixcampers heard anything back yet. Keystone not returning calls makes me worried what is going on there since Jeff Rank is gone. It seems it they are not as concerned about customers as they once were. I also noticed my dealer who was once very large Montana dealer usually had 15 or more units on hand at all times is only keeping about 4 units on hand now. I asked them why the other day when i went to get some supplies my sales rep whom I have bought 3 campers from all Keystone told me there was much more to the story why they were trimming back, but would not elaborate on the matter. i did notice that they were carrying a lot of KZ models up end Escalade and Montego Bay units they were very nice but good bit more expensive than Montana's. Something is up just haven't figured it all out yet.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would not think that this group could have a significant effect on anything that Keystone/ Montana does.In the big picture this forum is but a pixel or two. We might be viewed as a small dog nipping at Keystones heels, Irritating at best. New management came on board and it is not unusual for changes reflecting that persons management style to occur.Keystone/Montana has to look for new/better ways to remain number one. Let us hope that is occuring.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Well I got mine, and I dont intend to get rid of it either.
I'll pass this info on to my sister she has a Lorado, by Keystone and she likes to do detective work,
Old 03-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
This is at least some concern to me, I love our unit and I think that Keystone does a good job in the big scheme of things, but still it makes me wonder why we're not listed on their home page any longer.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Keystone recently purchased Damon's fifth wheel, travel trailer and fold down divisions. How this may impact sales and service I am not sure. In any corperate buy out there is a reallocation of capitol and resources.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #9
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Her is some good reading.http://www.topix.net/com/tho
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:00 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The MOC web site disappeared during a web site upgrade and update some time ago.I do not see anything sinister about that. MOC is still in the Montana brochure were it should be. There is more than one web site dedicated to Keystone Rv products.If one is listed on the web page why not all of them..or none of them. When a person who has a interest in the Montana gets a brochure they will know about the MOC website. When a new management team comes on-board there is usually a period of "adjustment" while new management establishes itself and new management policies are implemented. Although Thor Industries and the Montana Division have been fortunate the Rv industry is on a downward trend.High fuel cost, job losses and a sagging economy hurt the "luxury " market and will impact Keystone/Montana unless new management and marketing strategies are devised and implemented.I am optimistic about the future of the Montana division. That is good reading Garin1.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:57 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
In desiging web sites the things that get left off are often not noticed until someone calls it to the attention of the designer. Reviewers don't see what is not there often, just what is there. Has anyone asked Keystone?
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I was just talking with the folks from one of the largest bus conversion companies last week. They claim the rv industry sales are up almost 125% over 3 years ago. I asked as to why he thought sales are up? Their impression is more to do with the 9/11 attacks, people are not traveling abroad as much, and they are not flying to their destinations either. Also the baby boomers are retiring with oodles of cash in investment and retirement accounts. When looking at the exact custimazation of my bus I was told it would be at least 12-14 months out before pick up. I actually do not see the rv industry going downward, I actually continue to hear of manufacturers buying out smaller companies. At the last 2 rv shows I was at I saw more reps from the companies wanting more owner input than ever before. Hopefully we as owners will continue to see the rv industry to climb and we the owners will contiue to benefit from quality products and longterm benefits.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Take a look at the Keystone site and download the sales numbers thay have posted for all Rv manufactures..There are a lot of negative numbers there and don't forget that FEMA sales brought the numbers UP..