Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Speed limit has t o do with the zoning of the area and zoning has been known to be changed. There may be nothing in sight but if it is zoned residential the speed limit can be lowered. We got a camera ticket in Florida while wintering and the ticket went to our Domicle residence in Ohio your license plate tells all.( we were by the way guilty as we were out of the box in a intersection.)

Here on Florida Rt #27 in Davenport and Haines city Florida there are 3 traffic cams in 5.3 miles between us and Publix all are clearly marked as such and the speed limit varies. They must make a fortune as no one goes slow here.Our Curse is set at 50MPH which is under all speed limits on that road and we are passed by just about everyone.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
As previously noted, Arizona in the past had speed and red light cameras. In this state, all vehicles have plates only on the rear. Therefore a photo of the front of the car may show the driver's face but not the plate. The rear photo shows the plate but not the driver's face. Because of this, the prosecution could not prove who was driving the speeding car. Have to have both the driver ID and his plate in same photo. Just because a vehicle is licensed to you is not proof you were driving it at any particular time. Gets even more difficult when two or more people are on the title.
Speed cameras did slow traffic down but when they could not get convictions, the fun all went out of it.
And it is true that the states communicate with each other. Just ignoring the ticket could be a problem when you renew your DL. I once had the experience. Bought one of my daughters a car and because I was paying for it, my name was on title with hers. Several years later, when I renewed my DL, the clerk asked if I also wanted to pay the reinstatement fee. Turned out she had accumulated a number of unpaid parking tickets in another state. That state told AZ and I had my DL suspended for quite a while with no notice. Notice went to daughter's temp residence in the original state but not forwarded. Good thing I was never stopped while suspended.
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #23
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Eddie thanks for the excellent web site to read, you know I remember some guy that got in trouble with the BATF named Randy (can't remember his last name) saying that if a small town passed a law that you had to pay $25 fee each year for a "walking around pass" most of the people would pay it.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #24
coachgrowl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20448
This scam has been going on for years. It is illegal and immoral please stop paying these bogus ?tickets?. If we all stand up they will stop doing it.