Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
ALAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4279
DEALER

Not sure this is the right topic area, but a quick question, and please redirect if in the wrong place. I have what I believe is a good quote from a dealer for a new 2008 Montana 3400RL. The dealer is Lakeshore RV Wholesalers in Muskegon, MI. Has anyone had any experience with this dealer or heard anything positive or negative? I am a long way from them (Phx, AZ)and concerned as to what I may be getting into.

Thanks for your input.

Alan & Kathy

ALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ALAN

Not sure this is the right topic area, but a quick question, and please redirect if in the wrong place. I have what I believe is a good quote from a dealer for a new 2008 Montana 3400RL. The dealer is Lakeshore RV Wholesalers in Muskegon, MI. Has anyone had any experience with this dealer or heard anything positive or negative? I am a long way from them (Phx, AZ)and concerned as to what I may be getting into.

Thanks for your input.

Alan & Kathy
Alan,
Let me give you my opinion. I've found that unless a dealer who offers me a great deal can provide me with excellent service, he won't get my business. Let me give you an example. In Iowa, my dealer sells a lot of product but he is higher priced than some other dealers located 100-200 miles away. People go to these other dealers and get their deal, but no service. They come back to my dealer for service and then get mad when the dealer doesn't jump at their request and provide service, but puts them in line--possibly three weeks out.

When I needed or need service from my dealer, I get in right away. I'm willing to pay for this service.

If you buy from a dealer a long way from where your stick house is, what are you going to do about warranty service during the first year? Talking about warranty, be sure to think about an extended warranty. It has paid off for us.

You should get many years of service out of the Montana you select and I believe that over all you will be very satisfied.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
tjuhl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7213
Lots of talk about Lakeshore in the past, most threads were complimentary but did not adddress the service concerns. I got a quote from them last summer and considered going up there to purchase, but first went back to my local dealer, showed them that quote (they were aware of Lakeshore), laid the money on the table and they met it 100% to get the business.
tjuhl is offline   Reply With Quote