Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Glacier National Park

We're planning on going to GNP from the Memorial Day Rally in Mt.Shasta. Claudia has decided to retire as of May 18th and Glacier is her first choice as an extended trip.

Anyone else headed in that direction?

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
We will be there all summer. About 14 May till end of August. Will be staying at North American RV park on the West side. I will e driving Red Busses again this year and wife will be working at the campground. If in the area, say hi!
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Well come on up. But watch out, that is what I did after the Reno Rally in August of 2005. I went back to Ca. sold my home and moved up here. I live about 15 miles from Glacier in Kalispell. The difference between Ca. and Montana is like night and day. One thing you will have to get use to is paying for your gas AFTER you fill up. Paul was forever going in to pay first. They would send him back out and tell him he had to pump first. The honesty up here is something I am not use to after living in Ca. If you need any info about the surrounding area just let me know. It is absolutely beautiful up here. Enjoy your trip. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:16 AM   #4
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
illapah, I remember a post you made last year about about workamping at that park again this summer. It's one of the parks we're considering for reservations and do plan to look you up while in the area.

Kathi, we know you're in the area also and will keep you posted on our plans. We've been to parts of Montana before, just haven't been to Glacier yet. The difference between the area of CA that you moved away from is like night and day from where we live too!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don, there are several good rv parks in the area. We stayed at Mountain Meadow RV Park at Hungry Horse, MT, and feel it was one of our top two favorite rv parks of all we haver every stayed in. It is a fantastic park. Much like what we had at the Mt. Shasta rally but maybe even more privacy because of the trees. I just checked S&T and we were 9.5 miles from the west glacier gate. There are several other good choices for rv parks, including Timber Wolf, also at Hungry Horse and close to Mountain Meadow.

Don, you will absolutely love Glacier. If you have time, our website will show you some of the off the beaten path places for sightseeing as well as restaurants, etc., and the usual places to see in Glacier. www.geocities.com/stevereigle , then the 200 postcards from August 7, 2005 through August 20, 2005. We were there for a month, from July 15 to August 15.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Steve, Mountain Meadow is on our list and probably where we'll be based on comments you made during your '05 trip. I followed your postings at the time, but will go back through your website again before we depart. I appreciate you and the other members sharing your experiences through personal websites and the forum as it helps a great deal with making our plans.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
And Don, if you don't find enough on Steve and Vicki's web page you can try ours. I must have posted 3 or 4 hundred. It was so beautiful.

We agree tha Hungry Horse was a great place to stay.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote