Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
bobneal
Established Member

M.O.C. #5308
2009 vs 2010

I'm considering a 2009 Montana 3150 and was wondering about the differences (if any) between the 2009 and 2010 models. I really can see anything on the Montana website.

Thanks,
Bob

bobneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
maybe only thing i can thing is the 2010 has the Hickory Edition
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
The 2010 has the new radius framed nose construction (makes for slightly less room in the bedroom closet), dark Hickory woodwork instead of the lighter Ash woodwork, sewer boom, a bit more insulation R factor in the roof and slide ceilings, an LCD flat panel tv (instead of a tube tv) in the bedroom that can be moved easily to the basement, microwave is lower for easier access, generation II remote for the slides, awning, landing gear, & stabilizer jacks, taller slides, entry light that comes on when you open the door, different rear cap with larger backup lights.

It may or may not come with Dexters new Never-adjust brakes.

These are the things that I can think of off hand. I am sure that there are some other things that are different, somebody should chime in on at least a few more.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Didn't someone say the 2010 models were also going to have the wetbolts on the suspension? Not a big issue as you can add them yourself, but still nice to have. Also, you might want to check the brand of tires.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
gregh9999
Established Member

M.O.C. #8671
My 2009 3455SA has all of the 2010 features. The couch piping is about the only thing that is different. And, it was significantly cheaper than the same 2010.
gregh9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

The 2010 has the new radius framed nose construction (makes for slightly less room in the bedroom closet), dark Hickory woodwork instead of the lighter Ash woodwork, sewer boom, a bit more insulation R factor in the roof and slide ceilings, an LCD flat panel tv (instead of a tube tv) in the bedroom that can be moved easily to the basement, microwave is lower for easier access, generation II remote for the slides, awning, landing gear, & stabilizer jacks, taller slides, entry light that comes on when you open the door, different rear cap with larger backup lights.

These are the things that I can think of off hand. I am sure that there are some other things that are different, somebody should chime in on at least a few more.

my 2009 has everthing you just mention but the Hickory paint on the outside
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mcgiver2

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

my 2009 has everthing you just mention but the Hickory paint on the outside
If your 2009 has this front cap.... >>

....you do not have the new radius framed construction in the nose.

If your 2009 has this front cap, which as far as I know started with the Hickory Edition units.... >>

....then you do have the new radius framed nose. As far as I know, none of the 2009 10th Anniversary Edition models has this front cap.

I factory ordered my '09 in the 3rd week of October 2008, and took delivery mid November, 3 weeks later. Maybe there are some hybrid in between units built during the change over to the H.E. units. ....anyone?????

My main living area slides have only 6' feet of head room, do your '09 main slides have 6'6" of head room, really?

I have the 3 button (up, down, and scare light) generation I remote, like this one.... >>

do you have the 10 button(or however many it has, I haven't seen one up close) generation II remote? The generation III remote is coming soon, I saw the prototype at the Fall Rally, and it will be very cool. You will be able to open/close individual slides without having to select them outside at the hydraulic manifold. The prototype was huge and clunky though. I am eager to see the finished product, and hopefully it will be a whole lot smaller!

Also, as far as I know, they did not start putting in the extra reflective insulation layer in the roof and slide ceilings until they started building the H.E. units to get an R-38 rating for the roof. From what I remember, the 10th Anniversary's had a published rating of only a measly R-14 in the roof. That is a huge difference! Not that it matters much, because the walls are a dismal R-9 and the slide floors are probably worse.

Does anyone know for certain when they switched the assembly line over from the 10th Anniversary to the H.E. production?? ....and, was that also the same point the model year was changed to 2010? In other words, are there any 2009 H.E. units???

It's hard to keep up with all of the changes, exactly when they were implemented, and how accurate the brochures are. Neither my '09 brochure, or the order form info made mention of a sewer boom. But, when we picked up the rig, there it was.

I am soooooo confused now!!!!!!!!!!! We may never know for sure what came when, or concisely which features are included/excluded in the morphing stages of model year change overs.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Our 2010 3455SA has everything except the wet bolts from Dexter. The word on that was the first of the year, not model year, but calendar year.
Our 2010 came off the line the last week of April and we got it the first weekend in May.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #9
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
as i understand it, the 2010 3150 has at least 2 things that are different from the '09.

the tv in bedroom is 12volt, neat when sleeping at wally world. and the nose is different.
the one thing i would have requested from montana when my rig was being built would have been a flip up extension shelf for the kitchen sink area...the counter space on the 3150 is very very limited.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we have the 3150 and I agree the counter space is limited and I have gotten used to using the table for work area--I finally remember that the table extends and that helps increase the space. alsos it took me a while but a lot of times the stove top really soesn't need to be up. at the Rally I had the people that made the cabinets look to see if an extension could be built but the end part of the cabinet is not strong enough to accomadate a heavy corion extension.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #11
Wiesehan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9711
Send a message via Yahoo to Wiesehan
We traded a late 2008 with 10th anniversary package on a early 2010 hickory addition. We had some of the features on our 2008 that were suppose to be on a 2009 and it seems like we have a few features left over from 2009 on our early 2010, but we have all the major changes of the 2010.
Don
Wheel to wheel SS side bars
Wiesehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
I just traded my 09 in on a 10. The interior differences are the Hickory, a 12VDC in the bedroom, and Corian counters thru-out. In addition, the TV/DVD/Stereo is Samsung, and the convection oven is Dometic. The remote is different, and two of the slides run on a cable system. My 2010 does not have the sewer boom, the nose is different, and the tech who took me through the walk through told me the hydraulic pump is a new design.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote