Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Electric waste valve ?

I say in a Camping World catalog an electric waste valve. I thought this might be a good idea to relplace the one that is under the slide.

Has anyone tried one of these?

Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Capt Kidd

I say in a Camping World catalog an electric waste valve. I thought this might be a good idea to relplace the one that is under the slide.

I saw one installed on a motorhome of an RVing friend of ours. Works great. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on a Montana. But why stop with just replacing the galley valve. Replace all three while you're at it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
As long as it has a manual override in case of power/motor failure! Otherwise I would pass.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
We had the on our SOB and they were great, except when they got a small piece of debris stuck. They just would not close completely with even a very small piece of TP stuck. The only manual override was to climb under the rig and close it manually with a screwdrive. . . not very easy. If you need to change the valve be prepared to get very messy and stinky!
remhob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Capt Kidd

I saw one installed on a motorhome of an RVing friend of ours. Works great. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on a Montana. But why stop with just replacing the galley valve. Replace all three while you're at it.

Orv
Why replace any of them? It's certainly no big deal to manually pull them, and, it's something else to break.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We intalled one for the galley simply because every time I wanted to dump that tank, I had to crawl under the kitchen slide. Keystone put the pull handle midway between the slideout rails and so guess what happened each and every time I crouched under the slide? Yup, I usually dirtied or ripped my shirt. Cheaper in the long run to intall the valve, for us.

As for leaking, if it does, we have the gate valve on the end of the sewer boom so no worries.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Mike that is just what I thought I'd do. Which one did you get and who installed it and how much if I might ask?
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote