Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Phoenix Gathering

This is moved here from the Apache Junction gathering.Seems that we are all over the Phoenix area. Looking to get together perhaps Friday or Sat for lunch or dinner then take in the RV show. Big Sky MAY be there..Kwolff7 is checking that out with OrangewoodRV..looks like RV traders Big Sky is stuck in a snow drift somewhere.

What is your availability

Rich & Helen.. Anytime any place.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're available Friday or Saturday. The crowds might be smaller on Friday. Dave of Dave n Victoria suggested China Chili as a great place to eat. The restaurant has gotten very good reviews and is close to the Civic Plaza. We're open to any other ideas, too.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will meet at NOON for Lunch at.. RV Show is at The Phoenix Convention Center 100 N. Third St, Phoenix, Az.... We have confirmed thus far..

Rich& Helen (richfaa) (2)
Glen& Judy (jrgwdenner) (2)
Steve and Sharon Andersen(Sandreson) (2)
Kenny & Virginia(KVRK) (2)
Dean Van Peursen (2)
Gene & Shirley(therebeme)(2)
Karen& John (Kwolf7) (2)
Sandy& Mike(Sandy Mom) (2)
Dave& Victoria (2)

The Civic Center South building is at the corner of 3rd STREET and Roosevelt. From I-10 south, Third street is one way south. And there's construction all over downtown. Just east of the Civic Center, is a parking garage with an entrance on Roosevelt Street (south side) only from all we could see.

The restaurant looks good. It is about 3 miles straight north of the Civic Center at the corner of Third Street (not to be confused with Third Avenue). There is no exit at Third Street so it is probably best to go north on Seventh STREET, move over to Third Street, and drive north. Parking is on Flowers and Third Street. The restaurant is bright yellow and easy to find. The name of the resturant is China Chili's Address listed as 3rd STREET and Osborne.
From the west and the east, exit I-10 at Exit 145 and drive north on 7th STREET (NOT 7th Avenue).

Turn left(west) on Thomas Road (about 2 miles north of the Interstate and then right on Third Street. The restaurant is appx. five streets north of Thomas Road on the right. The bright yellow building has parking in the front and on the Flowers Street (south) side.
There is a large gray mirrored office building on the right just before the restaurant.

China Chili's address is 302 E. Flower Street but it faces Third Street.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The traffic in Phoenix in the evening is BAD! I would recommend Friday for lunch.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Great suggestion, Judy. We agree that lunch would probably be better, especially on a Friday. China Chili sounds interesting.
Gene & Shirley
Old 02-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
krvk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3191
Friday is the best for us, as I will be going to the NHRA Drag Races at Firebird Int. Raceway on Saturday.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Sorry, can't make the Phoenix Rally. We are "On the Road Again" with friends from Iowa, leaving Apache Junction Wednesday for Quartzsite, Yuma, Mexico and California. Will be back to cellphone (could really get used to this wifi) Safe travels to all, enjoy the Rally. Don and Judy
Old 02-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We will also plan to be there at noon on Friday. However, Saturday would have worked as well since downtown Phoenix is dead on Saturday. Friday lunch may be busy because of all the downtown workers.

We checked with Orangewood RV on West Bell today and they had no idea if they were going to be at the RV Show. I can't imagine ordering an RV from this dealership.........they are entirely too high priced and I don't want to start negotiating with them since we plan to drive back east to get our 5th wheel.

We did get to see the Big Sky and it is very nice. The interior was done in Aspen Forest and looked much better than the pictures and video. I still would like to view the Golden Vista decor before we order one.

Karen and John
Anthem, AZ
Old 02-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Karen..Thanks for the info//will see you Friday...
Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Rich,
Be sure to check the address for China Chili. They are no longer exactly on central. They had to move due to the Light Rail. I;m not sure of the address but they are on 3rd street and Flower.

We are trying to clear calendar for Friday. Will let you know.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Here's a link to the RV show. It starts at noon on Friday. http://www.carizona.com/events/detailed/405.html

Dave, you're correct about the new location. The restaurant is at 302 E. Flowers, straight north of the Civic Plaza.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Stand by for the location directions and addess of the resturant.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Vikki and I will make it Friday. Rich, please add us to the list
Also note that 3rd street is one way going south near the Civic center. To orient you (no pun intended), China Chili is north of I-10 and the Civic Plaza is south of I-10. Third street is two way north of Roosevelt and crosses I-10 over what is locally known as the Deck Park Tunnel.

As a side note, Our Cambridge is going to Orangewood for service of the brakes that are shorting out when engaged hard. I should be able to give you a personal report on their competance. We bought the unit from Burnside in Michigan.
Dave
Old 02-20-2007, 01:14 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will meet at NOON for Lunch at China Chili's.. RV Show is at The Phoenix Convention Center 100 N. Third St, Phoenix, Az.... We have confirmed thus far..

Rich& Helen (richfaa) (2)
Glen& Judy (jrgwdenner) (2)
Steve and Sharon Andersen(Sandreson) (2)
Kenny & Virginia(KVRK) (2)
Dean Van Peursen (2)
Gene & Shirley(therebeme)(2)
Karen& John (Kwolf7) (2)
Sandy& Mike(Sandy Mom) (2)
Dave& Victoria (2)

The Civic Center South building is at the corner of 3rd STREET and Roosevelt. From I-10 south, Third street is one way south. And there's construction all over downtown. Just east of the Civic Center, is a parking garage with an entrance on Roosevelt Street (south side) only from all we could see.

The restaurant looks good. It is about 3 miles straight north of the Civic Center at the corner of Third Street (not to be confused with Third Avenue). There is no exit at Third Street so it is probably best to go north on Seventh STREET, move over to Third Street, and drive north. Parking is on Flowers and Third Street. The restaurant is bright yellow and easy to find. The name of the resturant is China Chili's Address listed as 3rd STREET and Flowers.
From the west and the east, exit I-10 at Exit 145 and drive north on 7th STREET (NOT 7th Avenue).

Turn left(west) on Thomas Road (about 2 miles north of the Interstate and then right on Third Street. The restaurant is appx. five streets north of Thomas Road on the right. The bright yellow building has parking in the front and on the Flowers Street (south) side.
There is a large gray mirrored office building on the right just before the restaurant.

China Chili's address is 302 E. Flower Street but it faces Third Street
Old 02-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
China Chili is located at 302 E.Flowers Street on the corner of Third Street and Flowers, not Osborne. It's the same Third Street that the Convention Center is on but it is appx. 2 miles north of the Interstate and the CC is 1 mile south of I-10. There is no interstate exit at Third Street so it is necessary to exit at 7th Street. Phoenix has both "Streets" and "Avenues" in this area so don't get them confused. If you know where the baseball stadium is downtown, the CC is one block west of it.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Rich,
Your first sentence confused me. I assume we meet at China Chili at Noon, eat lunch, and then go to the convention center. Sorry to be so anal.
Dave
Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You've got it correct, Dave.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #18
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Please add Toni and I to the list. See you all than.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:18 AM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad you folks will be able to make it, Dick and Toni. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Closed Thread