Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 03:37 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
FK Mountaineer TT ?

Went to a local RV show yesterday and picked up a new brochure for 2006 Mountaineer trailers. One word (or several words) NEW FLOOR PLANS. I have two brochures for 2006 Mountaineer TT. Each brocure has different floor plans. I know the brochure has a statement that floor plans may be changed, but I did not expect what I found.

My wife and I started looking at the Mountaineers several months ago and were told the Mountaineer 326FKS was discontinued and that we would have to find another plan. No more Mountionaieer FK units like we wanted. bummer ...We really liked that plan and "lucked" onto a new 2005 Mountaineer 326FKS still on a lot. I prefer an 06 Unit but this was the plan I wanted, so we have bargained with the dealer and are ready to purchase the Unit. Yesterday I tell the wife "lets go look at the RV Show to get a feel of what our Unit will look like".

Pickup a new brochure and what do we see..... not 1 but 2( two) FK Mountaineer Travel Trailer Units for 2006. The Keystone website does not even show the new floor plans. Did the dealers not know about the new floor plans when they told me no more FK Units ?
I call this marketing BS and buyers beware !

Such decisions I have to make now

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Congrats on such a wonderfully hard decision to make!

From what we have seen, many times over, the dealers may be the last to know! Not sure why that is, but have seen it.

Web site at Keystone has been a bit behind too, again, not sure why, but it is.

Enjoy your new unit, no matter which one you choose!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 AM   #3
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
We have a Mountaineer 328RLS and love it. We had done extensive shopping before buying and we too knew more of the product than the dealer.
There are two failures as I see it. First the manufacter not keeping dealers up to date. And second dealers getting lazy and not researching their own product.
If we as a consumer can find the information, so can the dealers!
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:09 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think there are several problems with some of the dealers - notice I say some. First if they handle the big Motorhomes they are more interested in selling the higher priced unit. Also they have to many brands and it is hard to keep up with all of them. The dealer we purchased from was big on Motorhomes and Toy Haulers. When we went to switch from the old 5er to the Monty we were displaced (no electric hookup and 104) by a couple that had just purchased a $400,000 motorhome. Our $40,000 couldn't begin to compare.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dont you just love it when you have decisions on which rv to buy! I like the feeling of "too many choices" rather than the well I guess I will have to get this one. The other thing I noticed in the Mountaineer line is there are new models and old ones there still, Keystone has changed the model numbers. Example I used to own the 315RLS, which is still there but now is called the 29RL. The only thing that has changed in the floor plan is they put walls around the toilet making it a watercloset instead of open in the sink/shower area. I also agree that the dealerships are some of the last to know about the changes.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote