Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
Baja hwy. 5

Does anyone know the current state of this road? The condition is apparently changing for the better every week. It was horrible last year but getting much better comments this year. I'm especially interested to know about the detours and how passable they are for a 40 ftr.

artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
Well I'm answering my own question because we drove down Baja 6 days ago and hwy 5 was very good. We went to Ganzaga bay from Mexicali the 1st day and to Mulege the next day. There were 5 detours, all of which were easily done with our 39 foot 3720. We will be returning in the spring the same way unless some storm destroys this road again.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #3
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
Nice to hear the road is good. I was considering heading down the Baja this winter but road stopped me. Instead we are spending the winter in Mazatlan on the main land side and have loved it. How are the parks for larger rigs in your area?
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
We are at santispac beach just s. of mulege. We love it here and are right on the beach,200 pesos per night. Lots of room but you must have good solar and a means for transporting all your water to the fiver. We use a honey wagon for sewage. There is pub and restaurant right on the beach. Don't know about traditional rv parks but the one we use at guerro negro on the way down will easily take lg rigs and are all pull thrus. (Mario's)..