Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #1
Part-Time Paradise

M.O.C. #25605
Basement Storage Ideas

There are some real old threads about basement storage, but looking for any new ideas. I'm about to go the route of multiple boxes and such from WM, but anyone have any cool solutions that don't require unpacking everything to get to that one box you needed?

2020 Montana High Country 365BH
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
Part-Time Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #2
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
I built a set of deep drawers on the door side of the trailer for a lot of misc. items like blocks, chocks, various tools and BBQ items. I stack our chairs, BBQ, Pop-UP cover, mat on top of the drawers and use tubs on the other side to store, plumbing, sewer, electrical, etc.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
BillnJudy

M.O.C. #20978
i bought a plastic shelf unit at HD and have split it so that each side has 2 shelves and the curb side has a sliding tray so that we can get to our various boxes easily. We use smaller boxes and label each so we don't have to dig thru every box to find what we need.
BillnJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I really don't like the idea of losing the full pass thru on the forward compartment so we opted for boxes. We have shallow side compartments, on either side of our basement garage, towards the rear that worked perfectly for the roll up chairs and my tool box (with drawers).

For the front tall pass thru, I got the nesting Black and yellow boxes at Lowe's. They are almost exact width and two are just about height of compartment and as an added bonus they are heavier grade than the clear ones. It doesn't take much to lift one out to get to the lower one at all.

Our unit also has a mid point low profile (about 18") pass thru that is great for folding tables and zero loungers that fold near flat.

Of course the real seller for storage on ours is the basement garage with a ramp that is large enough for a golf cart!!!! Even if we didn't have toys for the garage it would still be a big selling point as it is a massive storage area that does not interfere with the upstairs floor plan (IE: we still have a full 42' floor plan PLUS the garage underneath)!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote