Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
vbbigsky
Established Member

M.O.C. #13949
Water shut off

Have a 2013 Bigsky are there any water shut offs within the rig after the main coming in

vbbigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
There are not.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
vbbigsky
Established Member

M.O.C. #13949
Thanks
Old 01-31-2015, 03:37 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I use quick disconnects on all my water hoses and on the convenience center connections. I have a couple of Y shaped connections sold to hook two garden hoses to a hose outlet that I carry with me. These have water shutoffs on them and I usually put one right before my filters and softener. When we go to leave the rig for a period of time I can just shut the water off there and don't have to go back tot he water shut off and crank the handle.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 AM   #5
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I use quick disconnects on all my water hoses and on the convenience center connections. I have a couple of Y shaped connections sold to hook two garden hoses to a hose outlet that I carry with me. These have water shutoffs on them and I usually put one right before my filters and softener. When we go to leave the rig for a period of time I can just shut the water off there and don't have to go back tot he water shut off and crank the handle.
Thanks Dick, that is a good idea that I will install. If we are leaving our rig for any length of time we also like to turn the main off. Many, many years ago we came back to our rig to find the neighbor had shut our water main off when they notice water leaking out the back corner of our unit. I had just set up quickly, the rig was a bit front high fortunately, the bath toilet connector sprung loose... and of course now we take precautions.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
vbbigsky
Established Member

M.O.C. #13949
The reason I asked about the shut off was we had an incident with the toilet broke and I had to shut the water down to the entire rig which left us with no water for shower and clean up
Old 01-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I carry a couple of these with me for emergencies. For example with your stool issue, turn off park water and disconnect the water line at the stool ... remove or push down the existing screw on collar ... push the Sharkbite cap on ... turn the water back on at the park water supply.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite...1?N=5yc1vZbux3
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I put shark bite shut offs on all our sinks and the toilet just like stick homes should have but I still use the outside Y shut off when we're gone since I can't predict what will go wrong and where. With three cats who could scratch their backs on a faucet or who knows what it pays to be ahead of them. The individual shuts do, however, allow you to work on something and leave the water on for everything else.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote