Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 AM   #1
Johnnyg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9710
Ultimate Vinyl Graphics Or Ultimate Headache?

Vinyl wraps on everything from motorcycles to tractor trailers have become very popular. Curious of the price I called an installer in Delaware and asked what it would cost to do just the front cap on my trailer. To remove the existing vinyl, clean and prep the surface, any design and color combination plus installation is 950.00. They say with a little maintenance (wax) it should last 5 years. Take a look at the trailer pic in the link below. It’s pretty amazing what they can do with sheet vinyl.

https://www.facebook.com/29221477122...type=3&theater

Johnnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:02 AM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
For that money, I'd consider hiring some starving artist with an air brush.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I spoke with a local wrap place last year about mine to do only the front. They said about $650 plus cost of removing the old graphics based on hours to remove and prep. That would probably end up close to what you were quoted. Since I managed to get new decals from Keystone I did not do it.
But, yeah, they can do some amazing work.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I will preface the following: Product is better today that 7-8 years ago. Our company Vans were wrapped and looked good first couple years. After that the scratches and other issues took their toll. Paint (IMHO) seems to be more forgiving over time. Example, if I were to sell RV today, I would not even mention the fact it will need to be repainted in future. That would be a call, the buyer would have to make? With a wrap, I would feel obliged to tell them, it needs to be redone every 4-5 years. Don't shoot me, just an opinion!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The graphic on the nose of our 08 Big Sky has been replaced 4 times. The last time it was done the first week of Oct at the service center. On the 20th of Dec I went out on the front porch and noticed that the top 2 inches had rolled down and looked just like birch bark. At the 13 rally in Goshen I mentioned it and they gave me an entire set of graphics. They are now stored in the basement of our sticks and bricks. At the 14 rally I had the nose graphic taken off along with the Big Sky graphic on the bedroom slide. I had the lady Who did the job custom make me a US Navy First Class Diver Emblem 30 inches wide. It looks great and if we can sell our sticks and bricks this year we will do a full body paint with only my graphics on it.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:56 AM   #6
ckwizard
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14704
$950 to wrap the cap is a bit high.
Thats more than I paid to have the front cap clear coated.
ckwizard is offline   Reply With Quote