Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
ebds2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #23940
Question about SRW vs DRW

Hi folks. I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado turbo diesel dually. Only has 6000 miles on it. I admit I like how it tows my Montana 3810MS 5th wheel.

However, I hate owning a dually. At the time I was looking for something to pull the RV, it seemed that without getting a dually, I could not get a truck with enough payload rating to be safe. Maybe I could and didn't research correctly but that's what I thought.

Now I am looking around and it seems there are really nice SRW 3500 trucks that have more than enough payload capacity. The hitch weight (dry) is 2700 lbs so I am estimating that I want an absolute minimum payload capacity of 4000 pounds (and maybe even more).

It seems that there are now SRW trucks that have those kind of payloads.

Soooooo.............

1. What can you tell me about high payload rating 3500 trucks with SRW wheels?

2. What might I be giving up to trade in the DRW truck for a diesel SRW truck?

Plus any other info you'd like to provide me.

I am NOT looking for this to become a thread about which truck is best. I am looking for a discussion of SRW vs DRW pros and cons, and feasibility of towing 13k to 15k lb 5th wheel with an SRW truck.

Thanks,
Rob
ebds2019 is offline   Reply With Quote