Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #41
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Those are great improvements! I will need Don to read this thread so we can copy some of them.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #42
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Without a doubt my best improvement was getting a whole new 12 volt system and the hole in the front storage compartment insulated.The next best thing is the new curtains that I made,but I wish I could find a carpenter to make me the extra storage under the stove and refig.LOL OH! and last but not least was getting the Montana Hand Washed and Waxed so I did not have to do it.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:20 AM   #43
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
So many cool ideas... We haven't done much yet in the way of changes because everything seems to be just fine the way it is. We do want to install the fireplace under the tv by next winter. We have gotten another handle the same as by the front door for "somewhere" in the hallway, but haven't done it yet. The 3M hooks work great for hanging "stuff" on the walls. Our king size bed was pretty comfy, but instead of buying a new mattress, we put a 5" thick down feather bed on top of it and it is totally fantastic!! It was on sale at Kohl's which made it even better. It weighs 40 Lbs but we don't care - our truck can pull anything. Since I have always made my own curtains, I'm sure that will be something to change later. Well, just had to share. Really love this forum.
Wife of Dano
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #44
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Does anyone know were to get positive latches for interior cabinets.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #45
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Radhazjoe,

Here are a couple I have found. I've seen some others but can't seem to find them just now. These are used in some of the highend coaches.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...3&cookietest=1
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1376

I'll post soem more when I find where I had them bookmarked.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #46
John Young
Established Member

M.O.C. #5585
I have not heard many who have tweaked the water system.. beyond a filter..

anyone add the accumulator tanks or anything like that?
John Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #47
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have only added an inline water filter to mine. Seems to do the trick.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #48
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Git-R-Dun
What kind of lcd tv did you buy and how did you mount it in the space that was left after you took out the other tv? Any chance you could show us in pics. Also is it an HDTV Thanks Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:54 AM   #49
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Someone just did that here, Al. You can do a search, or someone with a better memory than me will be by shortly...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #50
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Hard to know where to start. Replaced the factory furniture with two leather Lazyboys and a leather sofa. Had a handcarved table made and converted the existing chairs to match along with valances. It is wild in two shades of purple with sunflowers and hummingbirds (Mexico)--no center post to get your legs tangled. Also put a matching "screen" a the edge of the kitchen counter. New faucet since Keystone wouldn't repair the one they damaged at the factory while repairing our rig. A handmade copper sink in the bathroom and a handcarved headboard to replace the dust collector installed by Keystone (Mexico again). Select Comfort mattress. Water filter and another Fantastic vent fan. 5 cu ft. freezer. Got a factory cupboard door and cut a hole behind the desk drawers to use the wasted space there, about 2 cu ft. Slide toppers--we're about 10 degrees cooler inside. Bunch of little things including what I think is the best thing--replaced the noise making bathroom vent fan with a computer "muffin" fan which stays on most of the time, uses little D.C., makes no noise and keeps air circulating and fresh.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #51
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
mobilrvn,
Your upgrades sound amazing. Any chance of seeing some pictures?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:56 AM   #52
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
mobilrvn - I second Montana Sky's question. Any chance of seeing pictures of those improvements? They sound awesome.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:41 AM   #53
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I want to see that copper sink!
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #54
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I would like more information on the computer fan in bathroom.
Would like to see pictures of the other improvements.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #55
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I added 110v receptacles, 1 in the main storage area and 1 in the front compartment. The one is very convienent to plug in drill charger ao battery charger. I also removed all of the flexible ductwork in the storage compartment and used pipe. It does flow better and I don't have to worry about it getting crushed. I also put a lighted switch under the sink for the electric water heater. I built a rack to hold a folding table and organize the folding chairs in the storage compartment.

I also added a rear receiver for a bike rack.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #56
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by prariepoodle

Without a doubt my best improvement was getting a whole new 12 volt system and the hole in the front storage compartment insulated.The next best thing is the new curtains that I made,but I wish I could find a carpenter to make me the extra storage under the stove and refig.LOL OH! and last but not least was getting the Montana Hand Washed and Waxed so I did not have to do it.
Linda, measure the openings for the size of doors you want, trot yourself down to either Lowe's or Home Depot (they use the same supplier and same prices), pick out the door finis that matches the Montana (I know it but can't think of its name right now) and order the doors. They'll be custom made. Trot on over to the cabinet hinge department and pick up two hinges for each door. We found hinges that match our Montana's but are spring loaded to hold the door open. From there it's a simple task to take a piece of wood and put it against the area you want opened and pound lightly with a hammer or your fist. The panel is stapled in place and pops right out. Then just mount the hinges to the door and then to the cabinet. It's really not difficult. I did ours just over a year ago. Two doors cost us about $40, maybe $45 total. They are custom cut to size. You get to choose size and style as well as finish. It's really not difficult.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #57
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We saw some awesome improvements at our mini-rally last weekend but were most impressed with the 'wood' floor that JP and Jackie have in their rig. It looks soooo nice, along with their new border print and many other nice touches. Awesome.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #58
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Linda,
You will probably do better getting into your truck or car and driving to Home Depot instead of trotting. LOL
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #59
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Linda,
You will probably do better getting into your truck or car and driving to Home Depot instead of trotting. LOL
Happy trails.....................
But trotting is a lot better for you.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #60
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Linda, use the hammer to knock out the panels, as I used my hand and bruised my little finger.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote