Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
mainerv

M.O.C. #13609
Send a message via MSN to mainerv
Bedroom slide not working

We have a 2003 Montana Big Sky model, our bedroom slide will not slide in or out but I can slide it in and out by hand. The power is getting to the motor but nothing is happening. These slides are hydraulic not cables. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

mainerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Could you possibly have turned the valve slightly. The valve located in the small door on the roadside. Only a small turn is enough.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
What model do you have? Do ... does the other slide(s) move in and out? Is there something stuck behind the headboard wall? Is your fluid level within about an inch of the top of the reservoir when all slides are in? Answer these and we'll go from there. Usually, the smallest slide goes out first, so the answer may be hard to pin down.
Larry ... this is an 03 ... if it did have isolator valves, they would be right on the pump assembly.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Check Hydraulic fluid Level
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Assuming the fluid level is ok, you can try to run the slides out manually by taking the label off the end of the pump motor and turning it using an electric drill. A long screwdriver bit turned around in your drill bit should do the job. If that works, then the motor is likely shot.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
mainerv

M.O.C. #13609
Send a message via MSN to mainerv
We have a Big Sky model. The other slide does move in and out. Nothing is stuck behind the headboard wall. Fluid level is ok.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

What model do you have? Do ... does the other slide(s) move in and out? Is there something stuck behind the headboard wall? Is your fluid level within about an inch of the top of the reservoir when all slides are in? Answer these and we'll go from there. Usually, the smallest slide goes out first, so the answer may be hard to pin down.
Larry ... this is an 03 ... if it did have isolator valves, they would be right on the pump assembly.
mainerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
If it were mine, I would pull up the plywood under the bed and observe the hydraulic ram when operating. It is possible you could have a broken pin or weld on the frame assembly. The red flag to me was the ability to run the slide in and out by hand. Worth a check. Good Luck!!
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

If it were mine, I would pull up the plywood under the bed and observe the hydraulic ram when operating. It is possible you could have a broken pin or weld on the frame assembly. The red flag to me was the ability to run the slide in and out by hand. Worth a check. Good Luck!!

I agree with (bobsals) I would do what he said above.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
This is what my bedroom slide looks like as far as the hydraulics are concerned. First picture is the anchored end of the ram, the second shows how it pushes/pulls the slide in and out. If the slide end had come unbolted the ram would either push the slide out or punch a hole in the outer wall. It would also not pull it back in once it was out. Your unit may be somewhat different but the basic idea is the same I am sure.

If the pump is working and other slides are moving as they should, then you should be able to hear the ram moving if you are in the bedroom. I suspect somehow there may be no hydraulic fluid going to that ram.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote