Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #21
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
When somebody comes up to me and says, "Hey, do you know that your running lights are all lit up?"

I reply with, "Oh wow, I must have disconnected the trailer while the truck's lights were still on! I wonder how I can turn them off now."

Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #22
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
My dad had a Pacer. It had a wide wheelbase and hugged the road like a sportscar.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Nahhhhh what ever makes ya feel good were just messing,it is not like I'm the Doctor of style, I owned a AMC Pacer back in the day What does that tell ya about my "STYLE"
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
I agree with bw2. We enjoy having campfires in the evening and the only light should be coming from the stars and the campfire.
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #24
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
This is something we do not do every night just special night in the Campground we call it "Light em Up!"
So all you nature lovers need to relax a little
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just stick our lighted Mickey out in front. Many Campers may flash but not many have a Mickey.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #26
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Fortunately in this country you can usually camp as you like to. So the "rules" that some folks would prefer to dictate on others, just don't hold true.

Some of us hate the stench of a smoking campfire permeating throughout the interior of our luxury Montanas. Whereas others, enjoy laying next to their campfire in a sleeping bag under the stars. The camping experience at two extremes. To each. his (or her) own.

As you can probably guess, we don't light campfires, we'd rather enjoy the fireplace inside our Monte, watching our satellite TV in HD on a surround sound system, or just reading a book (maybe even on an electronic device) or playing a board or card game.

That's not to say we won't visit with folks who are into building campfires, sitting around them like folks have for millennia contemplating our existence while starring into the flames, usually with an alcoholic beverage to better appreciate the experience.
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #27
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
I love the smell of campfire smoke, and laying in a sleeping bag while watching fallings stars on a clear crisp Fall night on a backpacking trip, but DW likes the electric fireplace and Soap Net with full hookups. We just compromise and watch the tele and fireplace with a glass of merlot.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #28
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Back in the day I would NEVER imagine I would be kicking back with a glass of Vino looking at a Fireplace IN our RV watching Satellite TV,sleeping in King Beds, cooking gourmet meals,taking hot showers etc..I LOVE IT!! although I still venture outside and do the "camping thing" UNTILL it rains and run back into the condo on wheels, No more Blue tarping it for this Kid
Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #29
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Hey By the way CORattler I loved my Pacer too, me and my girlfriend used to camp in that Fishbowl we would lay down the front seats and sleep(or whatever) in the back, that little car had ALOT of room I also owned a Gremlin and a Javelin Great Cars!! great memories
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #30
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
What a great topic this has been, memories of days gone by, vehicles owned, campfires built and booze consumed, why it is enough to bring tears to your eyes. Bring on the lights I say.... Oh but turn them off when it gets dark cause I want to see the stars and enjoy the campfire with the smell of smoke. What's wrong with a blue tarp, does it not co-ordinate with a 70k luxury tent.

Seriously we each enjoy our camping experience our own way and as long as we are not detracting from the enjoyment of our neighbors then lights on, lights off, fire, no fire.... just go and enjoy..

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #31
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I think a Blue Tarp would be the perfect accent to my 60k rig but I think my wife would make me sleep under it(Away from the rig) if I ever tried to pull that stunt
Old 10-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jewels

Ok, I guess I'm STILL not getting this.....so you put the 20 amp fuse in the cord that goes from where the pin is to the tow vehicle then plug into the tow vehicle? Or no, guess you cannot plug into the tow vehicle as there is a fuse in the way! I'm sorry, but for some reason this concept has been hard for me to grasp! With just the fuse between the two spots you will get the Monty lights to come on? To turn off, remove the fuse. So this means you are drawing the power from the battery then, but you are charging the battery as well if you are plugged into shore power.

Please correct me if I am STILL wrong!

Someone had said in an earlier post that there was something you could purchase that would achieve the same affect, plus more, such as blinking, etc. what would you look for if you were looking for that?

Thanks for barring with me!
I can't answer your last question, but here's how it works. The auxiliary labeled part of the trailer plug goes to the battery. This is line that is used to charge the battery when the plug is attached to the truck. Running a wire (with a fuse attached!) from here to the light tab provides power to the lights from the trailer battery. If you are plugged into shore power, your trailer battery will remain charged, but if you are boondocking, it will drain your batteries fairly rapidly.

I can remember doing this back in the 70's when we were expecting visitors. We would tell them to look for the lit up trailer.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #33
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag today would put me in the hospital lol lol My back would not like it at all......
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

Sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag today would put me in the hospital lol lol My back would not like it at all......
Nor would the rest of your body. I've 'camped out' a lot in hospitals, and while it may have been a step up from sleeping on the ground, my body didn't agree.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #35
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
When leaving the CG this Am 45 degrees two guys spent the night in a tent Kayak's on the roof. Great to be young again!
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #36
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Did a lot of backpacking in my youngers years. Went through a few pairs of boots, test all the freeze dried food, to find the best. Strapped on several pounds of stuff and up and down those mountains. Nothing beats waking up on a cool morning by an alpine lake, starting a fire and watching the sun come up and you are the only one around the lake and the trout form those lakes is the best. But those days of roughing it are gone. My idea of roughing it now is if I don't have cable tv hook up......no satilitte yet. But in a park if you see a Flamingo out front lite up with his leg going up and down and his head turning that's me. Stop by for a visit.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #37
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Oh no you didn't A Lighted FLAMINGO????? LMAO!! that's great! I love it Where did you get it Gregg???
Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Lighted flamingo....for those so inclined:

http://amzn.to/15Z8gRH

Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
My wife has gotta have the one where the head turns and leg goes up and down
Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #40
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Got the Flamingo back in 2006 at Orchard Supply Hardware. Have not seen any since. Got one for my parents also for their rv. So if you came across one and its in front of a Komfort RV that's my parents. I will be heading out for the last trip of the year Sunday. I will snap a photo of him and post.