Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 AM   #41
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
The warranty adjuster/inspector is scheduled to be at my dealer today to look at my axles. I am awaiting a telephone call from the dealer at any time. I will update this thread.
I wish my local Montana dealer would have been honest about this problem when I addressed the tire wear issue to him 2 years ago. However the member "madeforeachother" Montana factory service did take care of the problem by upgrading to a higher load capacity axle. Instead the Montana factory evidently replaced the axles with the same underrated axles. A higher load capacity axle would fix the problem of the original design error of undersizing the axle rating.
Craig, If you are good with tools and have the jack and jack stands to support the rig the axles themselves are less than $200 each. It would be an all day job to do the axle replacement by yourself. Good luck Craig.
Kevin

kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #42
pirogue
Established Member

M.O.C. #5545
thanks Kevin i will be watching. Goodluck.
pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #43
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
My uneven tire wear is out of camber axles. I have negative axle camber causing high inside tire wear. My Platinum Extended warranty is from GE which is adjusted by WBSC Warranty Business Services Corporation. WBSC sent an inspector to my dealer to look at my axle problem. The inspector came out took pictures etc. WBSC has denied warranty because nothing is broken. I argued that the axle failed because it no longer met specifications. The supervisor at WBSC read the section of the contract where it explains coverage. He read that part must fail...then went on to where it no longer meets manufacturers specs. I don't think he read that far when they decided to deny coverage. I then told him AL KO was going to cover the axles because my axles no longer meet design specs but they were out of the 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. Now I must go back to AL KO to get the axle camber specs and fax them to WBSC. I think I still might get the warranty coverage. I will keep in touch on this one! What a pain!
BTW The dealer was in shock! The service manager said the inspector saw the problem and agreed the axles were bad and it should be fixed under warranty.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #44
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kmh3212

With my past RV experience and this being my fourth RV I learned that a good RV extended warranty is a must! I do mean a good warranty!
Sorry about your troubles Kevin, but this is the very reason I don't bother with extended warranty. I have too little patience.

I had the Al Ko's aligned on our 2003 Monty for $200. They were way off in Camber as well as toe in. Trouble is finding a place that can do it.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #45
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I still in a fight with extended warranty adjusters. According to AL KO the camber on the axle is supposed to be -0 to +1/2 degree. Toe in 0 to + 1/4 degree. The warranty company wants it in writing and wants the dealer to measure the camber even though you can see the wheels bowed out from 10 feet away. They sent an inspector out who took all kinds of pictures and took measurements and such and they still want to deny warranty. Axles are specifically covered under the warranty.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #46
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
kmh3212, If you don't mind me asking, who is your extended warranty with? Might want to stay away from them in the future..
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:32 AM   #47
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
Great news this morning. My dealer RV Connections in Panama City Florida went to bat for me one more time and Keystone/Montana decided to pony up and pay for the replacement of the axles and tires and of course the labor. Thanks to Jason and Kurt at RV and warranty manager at RV Connections. Jason spent hours on the phone, with the adjusters, myself, AL-KO and Montana. Jason's dedication to his job and the customer is outstanding! Thanks to the people at Montana for taking care of this issue.
My faith is being restored. People can do the right thing! Now I remember why I looked at new campers for three years and finally chose Montana!

Phil, the extended warranty company is GE administered by Warranty Business Services. The adjusters had me going to AL-KO trying to get camber specifications and wouldn't accept them over the phone like I got them and when the dealer called them they flat out denied the warranty while they had me running around in circles.

Thanks again to Jason and my dealer!
Kevin
Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 AM   #48
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Great news Kevin!

I note that it was Keystone that pulled through for you as they often do, not your extended warranty.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #49
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I picked up my camper 3670RL Friday February 9. New axles and tires. Thanks to Keystone/Montana to fixing AL-KO axles that lost there camber. Both axles are now 6000 lb. Great dealer if you are in the Panama City, Florida area see RV Connections for great service!
Kevin