Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Sliding DR table

I have read a number of posts that reference a sliding dining room table. Do your tables slide on something attached to the wall? I am interested because I want to attach the table to the wall and have it adjustable, front to back as well. That way I can replace the dopey pedistal with an outboard leg giving us more room.

Any pictures would be appreciated.

ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
ARJ,
The sliding table top moves on the pedestal. There is nothing attached to the wall.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LonnieB

ARJ,
The sliding table top moves on the pedestal. There is nothing attached to the wall.
Thanks Lonnie.

I will reinvent the wheel I guess. I want the table to be as free standing as possible.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
PAIC 01
Established Member

M.O.C. #6429
ARJ

My table has a slide that I built but it's on the pedestal. You'll have to configure something that will slide on the wall as well as the support leg, unless you pick up the end as you slide it. Take a look at the picture, it may give you an idea.

JPP
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jp3plante/album/5764
PAIC 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PAIC 01

ARJ

My table has a slide that I built but it's on the pedestal. You'll have to configure something that will slide on the wall as well as the support leg, unless you pick up the end as you slide it. Take a look at the picture, it may give you an idea.

JPP
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jp3plante/album/5764
Thanks for the input. Your picture did not come up but I have a plan that I think may work. 100# drawer slide mounted on 1x4 and screwed to the wall. Another pair of 1x4's ("L" shape)screwed to the table top w/the other half of the slide mounted to that. Remove the pedistal and mount a single leg to the end of the table. I can also use a thumb screw through the slide to secure the top in one direction or the other. When I get some time I will jury rig this thing and see if it works!