Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
spadasak
Established Member

M.O.C. #5904
Northern Breeze

I have an 06 Monty 342PHT and have the Northern Breeze fan by Ventline in the living room with the remote control mounted on the wall. I don't know if it is working correctly as there wasn't a manual in the files. The fan when in auto will automatically open the cover and the fan will come on to the desired setting. When closing though I have to put in manual, shutoff the fan and close the cover. Shouldn't it work in auto when closing as well. Does anyone have the same unit?

spadasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
spadasak,
The first thing that came to mind is, has the selected temp been reached before you are trying to close the fan?? My Fantastic Fan will open and close in "auto mode", but I usually shut it off before it reaches the selected temp. I would play around with the settings and see if you can get it to close automatically. If not, sounds like you may have a defective fan.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
In the "AUTO" mode my fan only controls fan speed to the set temperature after the cover opens. The higher the temperature from set point the faster the fan runs. As the temperature reaches set point the fan slows and past set point will completely turn the fan off.

As far as I know the only way for it to automatically close is for the rain sensor to become wet enough to close the cover.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Charlie

In the "AUTO" mode my fan only controls fan speed to the set temperature after the cover opens. The higher the temperature from set point the faster the fan runs. As the temperature reaches set point the fan slows and past set point will completely turn the fan off.

As far as I know the only way for it to automatically close is for the rain sensor to become wet enough to close the cover.
What Charlie said also applies to our's as well but we have the Fantastic Vent not the Northern Breeze.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Ours works the same way. It stays open until it rains on it. I normally don't trust the rain sensors and shut it when I think it is going to rain.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well how come my FF closes on its own?? It will close on days with no rain in sight... Maybe I am the one with the defective fan.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:16 AM   #7
spadasak
Established Member

M.O.C. #5904
My fan has no temperature control, there are no controls on the fan itself. The control module on the wall has a knob for adjusting the fan speed an auto/manual switch and a open/close switch. If I turn the speed knob up, the cover will open and then the fan will come on to that speed. It will stay on until I shut it off, there is no rain sensor either. I just figured that if I turned the knob back to off for speed that the fan should stop and the cover would close. Call me crazy. Maybe they put the wrong fan in my unit.
spadasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
My rain sensor works great, in fact too great. It will close with the least bit of moisture. Quite often on a humid evening where dew is starting to form it will close. As soon as the sensor is dry again it will reopen. Sometimes this can go on all evening and into the night. If it is just dew causing the opening and closing I will set it on "Manual" in order to leave it open and lower the cover to about half way. This way we still get the ventilation and no dew.

Just a point of information...Fantastic Vent does not recommend using the standard MaxxAir vent covers on their vents. The standard cover restricts the flow of the Fantastic Vent diminishing it's effectiveness. MaxxAir does have a vent cover specifically for the power vents such as the Fantastic Vent
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glenn,
I would have to disagree, here is a link for the cover I have over my FF. http://maxxair.com/products/Fan-Mate.aspx

"Now available in three models, Fan/Mate™ is specifically designed for use with Fan-Tastic™ Ceiling Fan/Vents and other popular fan-powered roof vents. Allows your fan/vent to open for ventilation and provides excellent rain protection for your RV interior. All models feature a translucent white or Black, high-strength polyethylene cover with UV inhibitors, designed for years of service. The Model 800 and 900 Fan/Mate™ completely encloses your ceiling fan/vent to prevent debris, leaves, and twigs from reaching your fan blades. The 12” diameter, screened, louvered opening is designed to allow high volume airflow...for fresh air Rain or Shine!"