Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wrenchtraveller

I have the DP and wouldn't be without them. I have been getting quotes to replace the windows in the stick house. Argon gas between the panes is still available for extra cost. Low E is a coating on the inside of the glass. It can be a soft coating or a hard coating and their are advantages to either type and your climate dictates the best choice for you.
I hope my DP windows in the Monty get me at least 10 years of service before the seals go south but only time will tell.
Quiet and draft free and plenty tinted for me, the benefits are worth the risk of premature seal failure. The material between the panes is flexible and RV windows are designed to roll down the highway, DP is no different.
Ditto what Don said... Couldn't have said it better.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I guess we forgot about this quote from Charles Wade, who we all sort of think is a person who knows what he is talking about. Or is it a "don't tell me anything I don't want to hear " thing...

"Dual pane windows....according to Charles, do not help with condensation problems or retaining heat. They are not the same as in stick houses and do not have seals in them, therefore the argument that they will shake loose and the gas between the panes will leak out and discolor is false. They do help immensely in keeping the outside noise down but Charles said that's all they're designed to do. If you order the dual panes because they are a little thicker, all of the outside walls will also be changed to accommodate the thicker windows.
On a large unit like the Big Sky this adds about 400 lbs.'

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #23
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
rldrvr: We also ordered dual panes on our new 3400. I'm not going to worry about it, because there are probably hundreds if not thousands of them out there with dual panes and the only time you hear about them is when one loses integrity because of crack, rock, ordried out seal.
We go them mainly for noise reduction and at that ehy will perfrom admirably.
Ours is due at the dealer next week
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #24
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
We ordered them and after staying our SOB without know we will never go without again. More solid feel and quietness are worth the exra cost & weight. I talked to the factory rep last fall after some water problems. They were more than willing to help out with any problems. Found out later the water problems were caused by the cheap tape on the top of the slides.
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #25
T and J
Established Member

M.O.C. #806
Wish our "99" 3255 had dual pane windows, a lot of cold comes through windows. Insulated drapes really helped, now if I can find time to put insulation in front floor and seal the 1 1/4" gap between floor and front wall (in front closet) we may be warmer this fall. But back to dp windows, I made one for a basement window years ago spaced apart with 1/4 x 1/4" wood strips sealed with rtv silicone and stainless steeltape, put it in the oven at 150deg. for 1/2 hour to drive out moisture before sticking final peice of tape down, still sealed! Had a local glass co. make a replacement for another window 5' above the one I made, didn't last 3 years, clouding and molding!
T and J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #26
hawkeye
Established Member

M.O.C. #3663
Well it's time to get the home on wheels ready for another year. I just replaced the last window #5 so far, and I hope it will be the last one as I hate buying them again.
hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:58 AM   #27
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
After having both I will never have anything but dual pane windows.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote