Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
TV Control Center

Has anyone hooked up a TV Control Center in their Monty. I have had no luck in getting mine to switch between park cable, sat ant and regular ant. Any help would be appreciated. Walt

Heli 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think DRHowell (Don) has done that. It is what I want to do but we would like the controls on the outside. Haven't seen one that would do that. If my Dad was still alive, he could do it in a second. I'm hoping for heavenly intervention when I start this.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
I figured out the TV control center and it works great. No more loop to remove
Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Walt,
Could you clue us in with the details?? Thanks in advance,
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
Moc 6846. I'm on the road right now, as soon as I get to my next stop I will explain how I made the connections. Walt
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Walt, I'm waiting with bated breath! We've were just talking about this again last night. Do you have satellite?
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
I could not think of a short version on how to hook up the control panal, so here goes.
Step 1: I installed Winegards Entertainment Select. Model VS-0503/VS5312.This model has the power for the ant. amplifier
included.I first tapped into a 12v source which was the light over the desk which is next to our TV entertainment
center in our 3670.

Step 2: In the front closet is located the factory installed ant plate with the button to supply power to the ant.The
bedroom TV is connected to the front of it. The first thing I did was throw this plate away. On the back are three
coaxes. One is marked from ant. One is marked cable and the third is marked TV-2. I used a double coax connector and
connected the coax from the ant to the coax marked cable. This put the signal from the ant foward to the single jack
plate in the entertainment center. I took the coax marked TV-2 and connected it to the back of a single TV jack plate
that I used to replace the factory plate in the bedroom. I connected the cable from TV-2 to the front of the new
wall plate. I taped off the 12v wires that had gone to the old wall plate and than taped them to one of the coaxes
so I would not loose them in the wall. This way I can use them if I ever need a 12v source in that area.After
connecting the TV-2 cables, this put TV-2 signal into the top jack on the double jack plate in the entertainment
center.At this time you can throw the loop between the two jacks away.
The lower jack on the double plate is for cable in.I have a sat dish on the roof that is wired direct to my sat
reciever in our entertainment center.Now, all you have to do is hook up the appropriate coax cables to the back ofthe
control center and you have control over your sat signal, cable signal or TV ant signal. Just remember to push in
the power switch when you use the ant.Good Luck Walt

by hooking