Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
montanaman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5414
Interior, well okay - but awning??

Well our dear friends have a two year old Montana and everything coordinates - from bedroom to living area. And, their Awning matches their unit which ours does not. Since we were under warranty, it was decided no problem with the interior since we can handle that but the awning does not match the 2006 Montana. Contacted Keystone and they said forget it - they will not change it unless it came to us damaged. So, I say that we are learning from all of this. We have had other RVs - not Keystone, and never had some of these issues. We like the Montana okay but next time, if there ever is a next time, we will factory order ours and never off of the lot. At the time of purchase we did not see the awning down and thought everything would match, but not so and so we learn as we go.

montanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Frank, I would call back and talk with someone on the "Montana Team"...I am pretty sure that Keystone did change out the awnings on other units to match. I would just express to them that you would really like it to match the unit as you see other Montana's matching. That is one thing we made sure we checked on our new unit.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I would also suggest putting a little pressure on your Dealer,,, He should understand this and step to the plate...
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Montanaman -

There are no options for awning colors from the factory, so you are better off getting one from the lot where you can see it. You just have to look though.

We have the newer graphics, and a burgandy awning. If you look closely at the graphics, you can see almost a full square inch of burgandy in there . I almost replaced it with brown, but the graphics aren't really brown either.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Frank,
You are one of an unfortunate few that bought a new Monty with the new graphics but the blue awning. I believe Montana had a buch of blue awnings left over and instead of sending them over to one of the other Keystone plants decided to go ahead and use them even though they didn't match.
I know of no one that was able to make an exchange without having to buy a new awning BUT that does not mean that you should not keep trying. If you can see your way clear, I would try to attend the MOC National rally in Goshen. It will be scheduled for sometime this September. Whenever we go to Goshen, Keystone seems to bend over backwards to please us.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Yesterday our dealer called and said they had an awning in for us. We had ordered a window awning for the table/couch area. When we picked it up it was actually the material for our regular awning. Still trying to figure out why they sent us duplicate material for an awning that has no problem. Dealer said it was ours and Keystone sent it. Took the awning out and looked over it all again and we see no problem. We received our window awning the next day.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Montanaman try this link it is a search to forum members that said they received awnings changed out free of charge.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hTerms=,awning
Old 03-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Well, dummy me, I didn't look at the awning color on the walk-through either. Is the standard awning color for the 2007 models burgundy, we were kind of hoping so since carpet, step covers and everything from the TT would still work. I guess if worse comes to worse will look next Saturday during final inspection.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:40 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We have an 07 and ours is burgandy.

Bingo and Cathy, Congratulations on your new Montana.....it is really hard to try to take in everything when doing the PDI, so take your time and maybe even a video camera(this will help you remember things)
Old 03-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
We have a late 2006 Mountaineer 342PHT. It was only after we signed that I got to look at the awning, and it was only after we got HOME that I got a really good look at it. I about had a fit, well my husband would say that I did have a fit, but anyway... I don't know how you all can call it "Burgandy"!!! There is one strip and the flap, the rest is a graduated PINK! YUCK!! Pink does not match my unit, blech. I told my husband that if the awning has to be out, it will be raised all the way so that no one can see the pink, especially me. Thank goodness I am really short and can't see it too often, lol.
Our dealer made it sound like it wasn't even an option to switch it out, although I'll admit it's better than a blue color that doesn't match in the least!

Marisol
marisolwithsol is offline   Reply With Quote