Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
need some advise

OK I think I need some help with Nancy's an My 3 kids (3 cats, jimmeycricket, Stormy, an LiL Sis (altho not to little now) anyway until just about 6 wks ago we had fulltimed with all 3 in a diesel pusher motor coach, in which they rode very good, on the dash, in the recliners, an on the sofa. But now with a truck an monty, we decided to put them in carriers (1 for each one) and we put them on the back seat (they never have liked riding in the jeep we had, an not in carriers) now they cry all the time we on the rd, an we put litter boxes in in each carrier. we very seldom travel more then 3 to 3 1/2 hrs. (retired, fulltimers not in a hurry lol ) We were wondering if they might be happier riding in the monty, has anyone ever traveled with their pets in their trailer? an without carriers? Gawd, never thought I would have 3 "spoiled cats"!!

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
We let the mean cat out in the Monty while on the road. The dogs, on the other hand, are crated for their safety. The cat has free roam of the place. Same reason as you stated...she'd cry and act like she was dying if we tried to put her in the kitty carrier. We are careful when opening the door that she doesn't dart out; also, if we decide to put out the slides for some reason, I always have her in my arms...
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
thanks Steve an Tara, we gonna try it , i know yrs ago we had a travel trailer no slides and we had 2 cats that rode in the trailer, we just put a towel in the bath tub and thats where they rode.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Has not worked for me, with the dogs, but some say Rescue Remedy works, herbal relaxation liquid, will calm them down.

When I had to transport kitties a long distance, I had them tranquilized by the vet. Not the best answer and surely won't work in this situation.

I am not real fond of leaving any animal in the rig while running. But, if you have 3 cats screaming for hours at a time, your nerves have to be rather frayed at the end of a day. SIGHHH

I am also not in favor of driving with an animal in the truck or whatever, that is not in a carrier, that is seatbelted in, or even better, with metal crates that are bolted to the floors (this works real good in vans!!)

I might try putting them in the rig in their crates. (in the front of the rig, where there is less bouncing, etc.) See if they are stressed out at the end of a days run.

Colleen might have some great suggestions for ya! She'll be along.

Good luck.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Tara has the right idea about knowing where the kitties are when you're moving the slides in or out. I heard a tragic story about the fate of one kitty who got caught in a slide.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote