Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #21
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Ozz I envy the relocation to an area with a warm climate. Its going to take 15 more years of work or a Job change for us, till then we're stuck here in cold NY were everyone wants to leave and land & homes dont appreciate.

Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #22
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
ozz, Delaine and me looked and went to different factory's who build those Manufactured/Modular home. Stick build homes aren't any better made than the Modular homes. We went to Goshen Ind. and went into the factory and they are awesome. Everything is glued and screwed and steel brackets at all pressure points. Delaine decided to design her home and we had the Amish build it on our property. It was a very hard decision between the Manufactured/Modular home. But because of the site we owned over looking the Tennessee river we would have had to do a lot of dirt work moving and bring in more. If I were going to live in the areas your in I would go for the Manufactured/Modular homes. In less than half of the time you will be in your new home. Just a suggestion when dealing with this type of home there is a difference in Manufactured and a Modular, when it comes to money. Most people don't know there is a difference between the to. They think house trailer (WRONG). Good Luck and we like that area of Texas. GBY...

Also some will build what ever you want, or how much you want to spend............. There is really no limit... Except MONEY that was our case we downed sized and build two new homes and sold two homes less than 5 years old!!! Now we have exactly what we want and need everything is on one floor and small, less cleaning and heating and cooling.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #23
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Ozz, a question if you don't mind answering? Where do you plan to set your home up -- land you are purchasing or in a 'development' similar to what is going in east of KC (saw a sign along I-70 Saturday that said 'Modular Lots for Sale'). Curious because the wife and I are starting to talk of going back towards Albuquerque and I'm looking at both options as well -- so far land is my choice but as said above, that get expensive with septic, wells, etc....)

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Ozz start looking at used homes that a cbs const as in texas as in fl you are better in cbs even older and remoldel it to your liking , as now the prices are way down , just keep looking , our house was built in 79 and we did a major remoldel in 2005 and now its home ,, all concrete block and not in a gated com so no monthly chg and just like always you can live and leave your grarge dr up or down , nobody to tell you to plant your flowers in a row or anytrhing , get out of the gated areas and into older and fix it up you have all the talent or know where to get it john pm me if you need something special but you can do it
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Land, I know how far a 'development' of these homes can slide down-wards. I want a spot nestled in the hill away from anyone for an acre or two's length.
I want a shop, an enclosure for the Monte and a garage, or big car port.
John, I don't think that would fit my needs.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #26
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well ozz i hear what you want but i checked on a blding to house the rv , if its canvas the bad winds blow it apart , if its a structure watch out for the taxes , its cheeper to rent the space a few months in storage here in fl as i rent for 8 months at $70.00 a month out side but under canvas the bees build nests so it has to be a metal bldgibg but now the cost comes in so check it out john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote