Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Slide out marking carpet

Our living area slide out has always left deep marks in our light green carpet (spring floral colour scheme), sometimes when it had been raining, it would leave rusty stains as well.

I have tried twice to get the slide out adjuted by the dealer, but it still makes marks and I don't fancy tinkering with the slide out myself, so as a temporary fix we but pieces of bristol board under the edges of the slide as it came in. This did not work too well because the sheets slid along with the slide out, but it certainly proved that the rust stains were from the bottom of the slide. We now have two pieces of the clear vinyl carpet protector that has little protrusions on the bottom to stop it slipping, this seems to be working well.

As for the rusty stains, I found that on the outside of unit, where the slide out enters the unit, there is a small triangular piece of rubber seal that collects rain water, which then gets rusty from contact with the adjacent frame member. I cleaned this up and made sure it could drain freely. I am hoping that this will cure that problem, but it has not rained recently.

If anyone knows how to properly adjust the slide out so that inside edge will ride higher off the inside floor, I would be interested in hearing about it.

OntMont
2002 Montana 3255RL
2001 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2001 Border Collie to ride herd on us.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote