Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
Thieves

Well, it happened to me and I wasn't alone. I keep the Monty at a very secure storage facility and have for the past three years off and on. Sometime between Dec. 17th and last evening some low lifers decided to go shopping at the rv storage area. This place has lights and 30+ cameras all recording every movement in the facility.

I didn’t fair too badly as at least they had the decency to unlock the basement doors and front storage areas and not tear anything up. I thought it was a little weird. I do a double walk around when I leave each time, so the first thing I noticed is the propane lockers had one twist lock open on each side, then I noticed the other storage doors having the keyed twist lock opened. They used the old CH751 key.

Here’s the good part, I had my tire monitoring system in the basement, the first time I ever did that. I had just replaced the transmitter batteries before I left the last time and the receiver had to acquire the transmitters, I had planned to leave on a trip next day but illness set in and I cancelled the trip. The idiots took the receiver only and left all the transmitters on the tires. It must have looked like a gps to them in the dark. Right beside the receiver on the wall in the basement was $250 worth of rods and reels. They didn’t bother them.

Anyhow, others suffered more. A new diesel motor home, all fuel siphoned, another new Class ‘C’, storage areas emptied, and all gas siphoned, another towable had the spare removed. It was just us in the back section that got hit. Police are reviewing recordings but I don’t have much hope that it will lead anywhere.

Would have replacing the CH751 locks have done anything in this case, would they have just moved to another unit, or would all my doors been destroyed in the process. Who knows.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote