Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Dealership test

Well, I talked to Ernie at A&S, my Monty is finally ready. It took them 3 weeks and a day to take care of my list of "issues". I was going to pick it up today, but between the dental work at U of M, and the way my back feels from all this packing, I'm gonna wait until Monday.

Are they going to have me sign off on this work? Should I go through each item to make sure it was taken care of? Hopefully, they won't do anything to tick me off. I'm anxious to try out the air bags now too.

Plus, I talked with the CG manager yesterday, and I'm taking the Monty up there next Saturday...:-) The CG doesn't open for the season until the third weekend in April, but getting it up there early will help me beat the mud factor. Sometimes the thaw is so bad, the mud can cause problems for weeks after opening.

This will be my first time dealing with a dealership for something like this, I sure hope it's a positive experience!

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
When I picked mine up, the person that worked on it took me out to where it was parked, and showed me what he worked on, how the repair was made.I was pretty satisfied with that.(Sky River RV, Paso Robles,Ca) Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Jan - We have been dealing with A&S since our first 5er, 2002. We have had good experiences with them. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
I would check every item to make sure it had been taken care of.
Service Techs change jobs, don't always stay in the same place. They may have gotten a bad tech, and he may have been the one to work on your unit. No sense in tkaing chances with it I alway check the work on anything thing I have repaired by someone else.
Is the thaw really that bad up where you are going to have your new house?
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Okey Dokey, I'll make sure they walk me through so I can make sure the work was done. The area I'm really concerned about is on the roof. I was up there clearing it off the last time before coming home from vacation. It was like 20 with the windchill, so I was really in a big hurry to get back down from there...LOL I thought I saw what looked like a piece of seal tape coming loose. I couldn't remember which slide out it was on, and I wasn't absolutely certain, like I said, I was so freezin' cold, I just wanted down off that roof! When I took it in to A&S, Ernie said they would check it out. When I called last week to see how things were going, I asked about it. He said "yep, we sure did see it, and we took care of it". Well shoot, if I don't remember which slide out it was, how will I know if they did anything or not?LOL I guess if there isn't any tape loose, I shouldn't worry about it.

Carol and Jim...thats one of the reasons I went with A&S, they have a very good reputation. Being a family owned business for over 40 years, and both of Larry's children work there with him...nice people. And Tacey, the salesperson I dealt with...she was great.

Rick and Phyllis...well, it IS Michigan after all...LOL The CG is up in the thumb near Bad Axe. They get TONS more snow up there than we do. Snow melt+ground thaw=mud.LOL When my first trailer was delivered up there back in 2000, it took a tow truck using wenches with steel coils wrapped around two trees to get my trailer out of the hole the delivery guy made in the mud. When it was all said and done, it ended up costing me $150.00. That was just the beginning of one of the worst experiences of my life...dealing with Walt Michael RV Supercenter. I would let my trailer blow up and burn before I would EVER do business with that dealership again. Alrighty...got myself worked up again....LOL Thanks for the replies.

Jan
Old 03-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Be sure it is all documented...so when it breaks again, you'll have a record of them already fixing it once.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
After dealing with McClains RV I have learned to never trust anything until it is on paper and you see it with your own eyes. Please for your sake make sure your dealership has taken care of the problems.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #8
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Picked up the Monty today at the dealership. They did a nice job on the fixes, a few of the problems they couldn't replicate, so I'll have to wait and see how that works out. From what I can tell, nothing was touched in regards to personal property. So, I didn't have the problems some have talked about in that regard. I ended up just taking the Monty up to the CG I stay at April thru October. I got it inside the gate, drove down the road to my site, and parked it right on the road next to my site. I have boards on the ground running along my deck, thats what my other trailer sat on, and I might have been able to get her in, but the site next to me is flooded, and I didn't want to tear up the lawn. I'll just put her in when some of the water goes away. The sites across from me (we call them the island) is once again my lakefront property...LOL I got stuck around the back of my site also, after I dropped the Monty. This was my first time using 4x4...definitely glad I have it now!LOL The CW opens for the season the weekend of April 20th, hopefully things will be dry enough then so I can get set up. It's looking like I may lose one section of my deck due to the front slideout. My other trailer had two slideouts, but they were both on the back side of my site. This should be interesting...LOL Anyway, the dealership was great, andy they're just really nice there. I'm glad I went with them. I also like the fact that the owner (Larry) always remembers me. Of course, it's hard to forget someone who walks around with a bird on their shoulder...LOL But still, it's nice. It was a great day for the drive...went to 81, and sunny. Great driving weather...:-) C'mon spring!!!!

Jan
Old 03-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We had the same weather here today(Central Illinois)...after all the flooding from Friday and Saturday...I hope next weekend is much better. Glad everything worked out for you.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We had the same weather here today(Central Illinois)...after all the flooding from Friday and Saturday...I hope next weekend is much better. Glad everything worked out for you.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Jan,
I am so happy to hear things have turned out well for you. Congrats and enjoy that unit!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote