Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
Bnrc73
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21597
Reroute around Dallas

We’re winter Texans that need to go back to the snow. Leaving Victoria TX for SW Minnesota. Ideally 77 to Waco then 35W to i29. Real easy. Problem is we’re going through Fort Worth the weekend of the NASCAR race. FW is a nightmare anyway but I’m afraid the race will make it a parking lot on Sat and Sun. Has anyone ran 35e through downtown Dallas on a Sat. or Sun. (midday) or is there a decent secondary highway that would take us north past Dallas then work us back to i35w. That road could be anywhere from Houston to Dallas. Preferably RV friendly. We can’t get over 200 miles between fuel stops.
Thanks in advance for any tips.

Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20746
I used to be a season ticket holder at TMS. I would consider keeping your original I35W route. Saturdays race starts at noon. If you could time it to come through any time early morning or after noon I think you will be fine. The Xfinity series does not have the same draw as Cup. Sunday's race starts at 2. If you come through way earlier than 2 or after 2 I think you will be fine. TMS does not have the same draw as it did when they first started running there. As for I35E? I would avoid that route any time.
RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
We live in Denton and I agree with Roadrunner. Stay the. Purse on 35 W. That is always easier than 35E. There has been some construction around Ft Worth so be careful there.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There is also considerable on-going construction on I-35E. Some people headed north take US 281 up to Wichita Falls and then I-44 to OKC. But from Waco you would have to go west quite a ways to reach 281. As noted above, I would take I-35W and plan to go thru Ft Worth well before race time. An overnight stop just south of Ft Worth would make that easy.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
Bnrc73
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21597
Think we’ll try to sneak through while the race is on. Thanks for the input.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote