Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #1
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Update on how the "delivery" went.

Well, as I said on Friday we went and got our Montana and are VERY happy with it. We had a few mishaps but nothing that can't be fixed.

On the way to the dealership 1 hour and 15 minutes away we were turning on the interstate from home and the brake light and ABS light on the truck came on. I made my husband pull over so I could call the dealership BEFORE we have a real problem. Of course they wanted us to bring the truck in so we spent the next hour waiting for them to figure out what is wrong with the trucks brakes. Makes us mad since we only have 10,000 miles on it. Come to find out we need a new ABS sensor and pump and stuff so we don't have anti-lock or power brakes but we can still drive it. Ok, so off to the dealership to get the Monty.

We get there and they go thru the unit with up, hook up and go for a test drive. Pulls like a dream and we drove 70 - 75 mph all the way home with that big thing on back.

It's soooo big that we have a hard time getting into our cul-de-sac but it will be ok. A couple of the neighbors wanted to see it so we did a show and tell, packed up groceries, clothes and filled the water tank since the state park doesn't have water and were off.

Got everything set up, not a problem, those walkie talkies are awesome and a MUST! Couldn't figure out the water though. Didn' have water all night, I had to go down to the lake and get water (sand and all) and boil it to wash dishes. Had enough in the am and went home to call since our cell phone didn't work. Something about the winterizing and not shutting the valve so we could get water and it was fixed. I actually took a hot shower and it was awesome.

VERY ANGRY with dealer though. Since this was a used unit, they didn't even bother to clean it up first, I was so mad. I spent all day yesterday vacuuming, cleaning the shower and toilet and stuff like that since it was so gross. YUCK! It should have been spotless like when you get a car. I will be calling to complain tomorrow, you can bet on it. A couple things came loose and need to be fixed but we will do that ourselves.

All in all it was an awesome trip. We LOVE the fireplace and are so happy we had it added. Can't wait to use the washer but since we only had electric I didn't want to waste water and grey tank space. After the dog rolled in dead fish and my 4 yo thought it would be a good idea to cover her in powdered asphalt, she got a bath so I could have very well used the washer.

Thanks to all of you for the info on here, I already made reservations for next weekend, we had so much fun!

Melissa
'02 Montana 3295RK
'03 Ram 2500 Quad Cab, Cummins Diesel
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote