Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
Montana_371
Established Member

M.O.C. #371
A/C Problem

First Post!

I have purchase my first Keystone 5th wheel, a Montana Big Sky 3670 RL. All my other 5th wheel have been high end Fleetwoods. My wife and I love this trailer with the exception of the A/C unit which never cycles on or off during the day in a very shady site. I have not had this type of experience with this kind of problem with any of my other trailers parked at this same site. It seems that all the A/C systems on trailers around me cycle on and off except the one that we have. I have the thermostat set at about 75 degrees and the only time it cylces will be in the middle of the night. During the evening hours (dark) it take 2 hours to drop the temperature 1-2 degrees. This is unexceptable. I have had the A/C freeze up not only running on low but on high speed. I have installed a digital control and it still will not cool. This trailer is also supost to have the artic insulating for better cooling in the summer and heating in the winter. Hummmmm.. do not know what to think about that one. When the A/C unit freezes up it floods the carpet and water comes out of the ceiling. I have already taken the unit back to the dealer they installed some kinda adapter and I took it back to the lake to have it happen again, but worse! It will be going back this weekend. Man those 300 mile service trips have to come to an end. I told them that I did not want the unit back until it was fixed completely. I did last Saturday find out when I was installing 2 Maxairs that their was condensation on the rood by the fantastic fan and on the attic vent which I felt cold air comming out of. I guess that their is a leak in the duct work. Hummmmm my next question would be has anyone experienced this problem? How is the repair made, and how long will the repair last? ;( Any help and insite would be greatly appreciated! Roy

A/C UNIT Duo Therm Low profile 15,000 btu. Thank You in advance!

Montana_371 is offline   Reply With Quote