Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Back Flush Valve

Does anyone out there have a part number for the Back Flush Valve used in the Black tank and where could I order one?
Thanks, Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Jack, Are you talking about the anti-siphon valve , or the sprayer end in the tank? Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If it's the back flow preventer you can get them at most hardware stores. Just replace the worthless black plastic one with a brass one if you can.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Crossthread

Jack, Are you talking about the anti-siphon valve , or the sprayer end in the tank? Bill
Good question,My problem is when I hook into the Black tank flush I don't hear anything and very little washes out. I would normally run the back flush for 5 minutes and than open the valve and flush out,but I get hardly anything coming out. Any suggestions would be appreciate!
Jack
Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Jack, Many have posted the same issue. Two common problems have been the check valve going bad or the actual spray assembly in the tank crudding up and not allowing water to spray. The check valve has probably been the most common. In some units it is located under the bathroom sink and in others it is in the wall behind the shower faucet. Some of the models have a removable panel behind the shower faucet inside the pantry and others required an opening to be cut. Hopefully someone will be along with your model to give you the location. The few post I have read on sprayers clogging just fill their tank with clean water and let it sit dissolving the clog. I think some even added some chemicals to the tank. Hope this helps, Jim
Try this link for picture: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ms=check,valve
Old 05-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks Jim,that helped quite a bit. I have a feeling my sprayer is clogged,I'll try to soak it.
Jack
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
As I recall, the directions call for incoming water to be at "full" pressure (or words to that effect). When we first got our Montana, we were running the input hose behind our water regulator (limiting water pressure to around 50 psi) and were not having very good luck with the tank flush. When we stopped restricting the water pressure for the input hose to the flush, we started having much better results.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
Ski Doo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12146
Along the same subject of the black tank flusher... it seems to
"buzz" ok, and flushes ok. But when disconnecting the hose connection it is under pressure and sprays some.

If I should repost this as a new topic, I appologize.
Ski Doo is offline   Reply With Quote