Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wowzer, a trip back in time..

Gardiner, don't pretend to know how to pronounce it, actually do it different every time, so maybe I get it right 30% of the time...
We rolled into town and found the RV park, no meth labs here. The lady at the front office spewed out the rules on what we could do and couldn't do right up front. Quiet time: even the laundry charges goes up at quiet time: $2.00 (normal Hrs.) to $9.00 at 'quiet time'.
When she was done with the rules and regulations, I meekly said, "Yes mam' and we sneaked out the door.. I just hope we don't violate some rule we may have forgotten, I can just imagine a RV Park prison here on the side of the mountain.. She was a stern woman.
As we were leaving the office to ("ait at the sign for Jack to meet you, stay there until he gets back"..) I peeked over the counter to see if the whip was back there.
Jack was cool, he was the golf car guy, we have a back-in..the pull through are reserved for the upper class. Jack was great, but I had Sue helping me back in, Jack was not up to speed on the short-bed trucks and the propensity to blow the back-glass out. (Yep, I have a slider, just try to figure out ways of not using it...)
Sue and I hit the town, a little Video Poker and a few adult beverages never hurt anyone, I don't think.
It is a strange town, 80% of it is populated by young people, I guess the off-duty Yellowstone Park employees, (they have a very large dorm at the end of town) also the river-rafter company employees, there are scores of companies that have the service in town and all the way up to town. 20% tourists. It looks to me that the tourists don't linger in town much.
The back in time comment; It reminds me of the explorers and pioneers that headed West, there were outfitting and jump-off towns that supplied the travelers, just like this one. The entrance to Yellowstone Park is here.
Fun town, full of energy.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Interesting places you are visiting. Definitely the road less traveled.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We enjoyed that town about 2 years back, but not with the rig. Rented a house about 20 miles north. Had a couple of good dinners there on teh main street, but can't remember the names of the places. Which camp gorund didi you choose? There is one overlooking town, and one to the north end that is down by the river. Both looked great, and we will need one for our trip through next year, if that happens. (Today's market news was a trip killer if it continues!!)
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
"I said I would speak again of this, sometime ages and ages hence; two roads diverged in a wilderness, I chose the one less traveled and it made all the difference". Robert Frost
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
I'm laughing about the rules thing, having experienced a similar park that was obsessed with them.

I've developed a theory about rule making zealots that was inspired by our travels in and out of cities (where the rules are) and country (where the rule breakers live).

I can tell how much fun I'm going to have in a place by the number of signs nailed to the trees and the quantity of speed bumps in the roads.
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Walt, This is the one up high on the mountain, if you have to stop 1/2 way up, you will spin out on the gravel, when I peaked at the top camp entrance, my tires were beginning to spin in the gravel. Look to see if the space is clear for your rig before committing to the pull up and in.
Oh, I forgot the sign that said coffee; $.75, forget anything free here.
Nice poem, and appropriate Larry.
pbahlin, I think I will go break a few rules...
Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pbahlin

I'm laughing about the rules thing, having experienced a similar park that was obsessed with them.

I've developed a theory about rule making zealots that was inspired by our travels in and out of cities (where the rules are) and country (where the rule breakers live).

I can tell how much fun I'm going to have in a place by the number of signs nailed to the trees and the quantity of speed bumps in the roads.
Good essays on the subjects!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 AM   #8
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
Hey Ozz, we aint much on too many rules here either! No speed bumps either! Just sayin
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rules are good, and necessary, but the delivery lacked in diplomacy. I told Sue the lady must hate her job. We are generally upbeat and friendly, in her position of greeting the public, she is the 'face' of the park and sets the tone. We never got any welcome, where did you come in from, how do you like the area so far...nothing. She just went into the business of checking in...oh and the rules. I call people like this 'Humorless drones'
They need to put her on the golf cart and get Jack in the office, Jack and I laughed and had fun.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #10
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Ozz, Jack may be her spouse and is glad to be outside on the golf cart. That may be why he is laughing.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha1 Could be
Old 08-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
OZZ son how do you find these places I wouldn't want to get out of the truck LOL. besides susie said I don't even know how to spell rules much less follow them. HeHeHe
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote