Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Dennis Korchak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2419
Was that you?

About 10:45 on I8 heading towards Gila Bend, I thought I saw Butch heading West. We were heading to Quail Run in Arizona City.

Dennis Korchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
That was me! I flashed my lights, but I didn't see a response other than a wave of the hand. So I assumed it was yet another uneducated Montana owner.

We are on the way home and envy those of you staying in the southwest for a while longer. Of course after freezing out pitutties off for the last few days, the 80 degrees in El Centro was very pleasant.

Stay warm Dennis. I hear the cold is coming back again.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dennis there is a great Quail Run RV park in Gila Bend. It is called Augie's Quail Run RV Park. One of the best parks for anyone who has a big rig. Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

That was me! I flashed my lights, but I didn't see a response other than a wave of the hand. So I assumed it was yet another uneducated Montana owner.

We are on the way home and envy those of you staying in the southwest for a while longer. Of course after freezing out pitutties off for the last few days, the 80 degrees in El Centro was very pleasant.

Stay warm Dennis. I hear the cold is coming back again.
Carl & Susan, Welcome back to the Sacramento Valley. Beautiful day here today, but out traveling with the Montana sure would be nice. See you at Jackson.
Margee
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Carl, we also saw you on I8 about that time. Saw the lights flash but all I had time to do was wave. After Quartz we went West of Yuma in California. It was too cold to go to Benson to see the caverns.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There were a number of Montanas on I-8 that day, all going towards Yuma. I was the only one going west towards home AFAIK. Can I have a collective "boo hoo" in sympathy?

Dennis (Mudchief): so were you headed towards Benson Yesterday? It is never too cold in the caverns; they are a constant 70 degrees and 98% humidity. Now the tram ride up the hill to the entrance is a different story!! Gary and Jennifer (Little Spud) and Rich and Cathy (Papabeav) did it last Thursday when it was around 10 degrees at Kartchner Caverns.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Carl, we are back in Phoenix parked next to Ron and Rose Helmick. We plan to go to Benson next week. We are really enjoying the Southwest.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 AM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Well Carl and Susan we flash our lights but my unscientifc poll indicates we get about 1 in 8 who flash back. Even if they are not MOC'ers you'd think they would have some insight?? We are in Huachuha City near Tombstone and all thawed out. We've enjoyed Tombstone and just down the road is a great city Sierra Vista and of course Ft. Huachucha. Again it's our please we got to know you both.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well Dennis (Mail2us) my ration is much, much less than 1:8!! But I keep trying. In the years past I was into sports cars. It was very common to flash, or be flashed by, someone driving a similar brand. This was before the internet or widespread communication to educate folks. The acknowledgment just came naturally. I still see motorcyclists practicing this greeting today. Yet Montana (and other RV brand) drivers don't seem to find this an instinctive gesture.

It was a pleasure to meet you two also and I hope our paths cross once again.

P.S. How weird is this? Four of the five (not counting me) posters here are named Dennis.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 AM   #10
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
We have a problem in VA with light flashing since it usually means one or all of the following: police, police with radar, accident on or beside the road, something in the road etc, a Montana is not usually one of the above. I do flash (lights) or wave at most campers I see since I wish I was pulling also. March is close, then we start camping again. When I get on I95 and at Flying J I see alot of campers.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote