Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
CG Reviews

Hi Everyone I need some input. How many of you have heard and or stayed at Turtle Rock Resort? Just a little South of Gold Beach OR. Good bad or indifferants.I know Short but sweet. Thank All

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
Try this site for CG Reviews. Here is one for Turtle Rock. Doesn't sound too good.

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...old_Beach.html
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Interesting thing about reviews. In general, very helpful. But we have gone into campgrounds with high ratings and been disappointed, and gone into campgrounds with lower ratings that we thought were great. Depends on the inspector I guess.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We spent a week at Turtle Rock three years ago. I't been a place we would really like to go back to.
We backed up to a creek that had sea life in it. Walked to the beach in less than five minutes.
Enjoyed a day on the jet boats in Gold Beach and had a great time. As I remember the management could not have been nicer. We really did enjoy walking on the beach every day. I would say the grounds were middle of the road, but we enjoyed the location and would love to go back.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Thanks for the reviews. Helmick do you remember anything about an investation of Pack rats. We were told by a local who had stayed there,that two pack rats got up into the bottom of his motor home and created a lot of damage.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by randye

Thanks for the reviews. Helmick do you remember anything about an investation of Pack rats. We were told by a local who had stayed there,that two pack rats got up into the bottom of his motor home and created a lot of damage.
We never had a problem, but I guess that could happen just about anywhere. It,s in a natural setting, not a paved parking lot.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Thankd thats what I think. Most likely left dog or cat food outside and they felt right a home.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I found out they have a pool inside. Heated for winter use. We will get one of the Hot Tub site as part of the Management incentives. It will be a challenge but most of our jobs start out that way and some are awsome. Thanks for all the input. If any club members come our way, can't promise but will see what we can do to make your stay more special.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I thought you were managing the Twin Ceders RV Park near Seattle, WA? Is it time to move?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Carl Yes, I have had hitch fever for a few weeks. The weather is improveing. Also we miss our home State of Oregon. The Gold Beach area is one that we like and the job came up so we put in for it. Last Tuesday The 3rd of April I had the DW send our Awsome Applicant for Workampers. We received an email of what the offered at the resort. They asked for referances. On Friday I emailed some and the DW send a few more on Saturday. Sunday Morning at 9 a.m the Owner called us and said if we were still interested, we had the job. It was very fast, I don't think they had time to call the referances in person, but all of ours say they would hire us back. So we gave our notice on the 9th of April we told our boss we would give her 30 days to find new managers when we took the job. So the Turtle Rock Resort Owners said they could wait until the 10th of May. He said the Sooner the better, they have been without a Manager for four months. The Spring and Summer Seasons starts May 30th. We will have 20 days to come up to speed. We will have 24 workamper couples in the Summer months and Six Couples in the Winter months.So I quess yes to your question we leave Twin Cedars RV Park The 10th of May or maybe a little sooner.Is around 469 miles but I will only pull half of it or so the first day and the rest the secound, no hurry no worries right.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well congratulations on the new job and getting back near home. I tend to spend some time in OR and will have to look you up when I am in the area.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Thanks Carl We are looking forward to being on the Coast, at least for the Summmer. We will just have to put up with the Winter. I have a daugther in The town we lived in for 26 years, Grants Pass its about 130 miles +- from there. Two of the Grandkids I've never met,we have been on the road for five years in July. One she is pregnant with now. So will be great to see her and this will be her seventh child. Plenty of friends on the Coast I belonged to a Street Rod Club in the area for 17 years. So it will be like home coming. Have a great Spring and Summer, by a means look us up would be great to meet you and any other MOC members.