Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
Pressure_welder

M.O.C. #19828
power fill fresh water tank.

Hey guys, cant seem to find this anywhere in the manual, and the placard on the water center dosent explain much either.

Getting ready for our annual 1 month trip to the lake, and this will be the first time with our 2018 305RL which dosent have a gravity fill port. we are able to fill the fresh water/hot water tank before we head up, but the rest of the time we haul 6 - 5.5 gallon jugs roughly every 3-5 days depending on useage and fill that way, which we've done for years. I think my salesmen was mis-informed or we had a miscommunication when I asked about filling the fresh water tank via the city water connection.

Not sure if this is true or not? but he said I could hook up the provided hose to the city water connection, put the one end in my water jug, and then flip the valve from "normal flow" to " fill " and with the pump on it would suck the contents from the jug into the fresh water tank? ive tried this and definatly does not work unless I am doing something wrong. Ive tried the winterize system, with the "fill" option selected and still nothing, it dose suck... not very well, and incredibly slowly but it seems like it will prime the whole system and ONLY suck out of that jug not into the fresh water tank.

Short of filling via the fresh water tank vent which seems stupid to me I may have to revert back to the idea of putting in another diaphragm pump beside the water center, hook it up to the city water fitting, put the other end in the jug and fill water tank this way.

Some days I miss the simplicity of our 2013 Laredo with the simple old gravity fill ! I could have all 6 jugs poured out in about 5 minutes.

am I missing something fellow montana owners?!
Pressure_welder is offline   Reply With Quote