Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
Mosnowman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19731
Residential Refrigerator Nightmare Has Ended!

I promised to post once my refrigerator issue was resolved. Here’s the deal for those that aren’t aware of my story.

Bought a 2018 3121RL early last year in January. The Samsung Fridge worked a few days, then the refrigerator part would not cool. Freezer always worked. Tried many different solutions none of which worked. Finally started posting here about my poor experience with Keystone Customer Service, and then a member here who works for Montana contacted me via PM. I have personally thanked him/her for getting involved, and didn’t get permission to share name, so I will leave it at that. In any event after member contacted Keystone for me I got a call the following day and process started around June of last year. I am a seasonal lake guy and didn’t want my brand new Montana missing her first season so I got a mini fridge and put it in the washer dryer area for the summer. I continued to use freezer. I purchased my Montana at Camping World but their service is abysmal, so I contacted a new small dealer where the seasonal spot is. He is a Keystone dealer, not a Montana Dealer. Being small town dealer he agreed to do the warranty work! I told him no hurry, and left my camper on his lot for most of the winter. Samsung Replacement fridge came in, and the doors were damaged! He made a executive decision and used my old fridge doors on the new fridge. I just got my Montana back, and it has been a couple weeks, and the new fridge is working great! Keystone covered all costs. My old Samsung would have frozen up by now, so fingers crossed my problems are gone! Thanks again to Montana folks monitoring these boards!

Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Good to know that Keystone and that local dealer came thru for you.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
Now if everything worked like that ...
Old 03-29-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
Mosnowman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennTom View Post
Now if everything worked like that ...
Totally agree! I know a lot of these things don’t turn out as well.

When you buy a Fiver for the amount of money we are spending, I’m thinking everything should work in a brand new Fifth Wheel. I think my story is different because of several factors..

1. Someone working at Montana on these boards took an interest in my dilemma and made a phone call.

2. A small town dealer I developed a relationship with, was kind enough to help me, even though I purchased nothing from him. Those that grew up in small towns know the culture is one of helping others.

3. Camping World may have the best price, but I won’t be buying anything else from them. My business will now go to local small town dealers, who support you after the sale.

Lastly I would say money spent on a lawyer may help. I didn’t have to go that route, but would have, if this didn’t get resolved. Good luck everyone.
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote