Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #101
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A new Cooling unit is on the way from NOR Cold. Camping Connection in Kissimmee, Fla did a outstanding job in helping with the resolution of the issue. We sent a Email to Mike Mack outlining our problems and concerns and his response was quick and positive. Robyn Hakes also contacted us by phone to offer help in problem resolution. These are professional folks at Keystone as well as the folks at Camping Connection.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #102
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grayghost03

Bingo, I'm in your camp and hope I don't jinx us either. Bad fireplace remote control(handled by dealer) and a piece of trim 1" long fell off. Loose pin in toilet fixed with a dab of silicone. Must have got one of the good ones. If I had the problems some of the people are reporting, I would say to heck with "bang for the buck" and trade for a unit I felt was better constructed, but evidently, they are still selling every one they build, so this must not be the case. My local dealer can't keep the Montana HC's on the lot, and he has sold a bunch of them. They must be doing something right. But I can say that the new 3900FB has been sitting up front for about 2 months and hasn't moved. Don't know if its the cost or the floor plan(we like it, but not all of it), but the other Montanas are still moving.
The Montana is not a low cost RV. Our local Dealer although a Keystone dealer does not handle the Montana because the price range is wrong for that area. He does handle other Keystone brands including the Cougar which is a good seller.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #103
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grayghost03

Bingo, I'm in your camp and hope I don't jinx us either. Bad fireplace remote control(handled by dealer) and a piece of trim 1" long fell off. Loose pin in toilet fixed with a dab of silicone. Must have got one of the good ones. If I had the problems some of the people are reporting, I would say to heck with "bang for the buck" and trade for a unit I felt was better constructed, but evidently, they are still selling every one they build, so this must not be the case. My local dealer can't keep the Montana HC's on the lot, and he has sold a bunch of them. They must be doing something right. But I can say that the new 3900FB has been sitting up front for about 2 months and hasn't moved. Don't know if its the cost or the floor plan(we like it, but not all of it), but the other Montanas are still moving.
The Montana is not a low cost RV. Our local Dealer although a Keystone dealer does not handle the Montana because the price range is wrong for that area. He does handle other Keystone brands including the Cougar which is a good seller.
I know there's a point in there somewhere. Nobody said it was a low cost RV. But that being said, its not even the top of the line(I use that phrase loosely) unit in the Thor line. If I had all the problems that some of these units have had, I would have to seriously look at a different line of 5ver. I personally don't have any issues that are currently giving me grief with my unit, maybe I am reading between the lines, we read alot of buyers remorse in some these post, for those people I feel bad, alot of money and it certainly didn't buy what they expected. That being said, we are very happy with our choice and have no reason to second guess our purchase. We would buy the same unit again without hesitation. I can understand reporting issues with these units on the forum, give the rest of us things to watch out for and maybe do something to stop a problem before it becomes one-tires, U-bolts, Toilet seat pin, etc. But as I said before I, like many others haven't had the multitude of problems that others have, so we are quite happy with Keystone and would and have recommended their product in a minute.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #104
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What I said was " THE PRICE RANGE WAS WRONG FOR THAT AREA" The local dealer knows in what price range folks in that area will buy. Did not make any difference what the price range was...It was wrong for that area.
This 13 Big sky as posted has listed 14 issues 15 now with the Nor Cold issue. Don't think that qualifies as Multitude of problems and most of them are minor. We look to forums such as this to see what problems we might encounter so as to prevent them or understand the fix. Every forum reports the same or like issues with any brand RV. Again I say that IF I had determined that we would not have the same issues with another similar brand we would have it. many are hesitant to report any problem with their unit after they spent big bucks for it..I am not.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #105
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Our third cooling unit was installed yesterday and is working again.. Now I get to go out and replace all the spoiled food.. $$$$$$$

Good luck with yours Rich and Helen.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #106
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our Cooling unit is on the way. My Helen is also not happy about the food she had to toss. We had some friends in the resort that helped save the day by providing room in their fridges and we have a on board upright freezer that helped. Our problem was caused , so says the repair facility by debris clogging the coils that got there during the construction of the cooling unit. that is NOT according to other forums including this one a uncommon problem.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #107
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
3rd cooling unit Helen ------- you better be trading that Big Sky in of yours! I cant believe you did not dump that beauty after the 2nd replacement.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #108
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
New Nor Cold cooling unit replaced this AM. Done under Nor Cold warranty . Cost to us 50.00 mobile service call as we could not get the rig in to to a dealer. According to the paper work the price from Nor Cold for the cooling unit was 440.00.
We are not happy that this NOR cold unit lasted only 10 months of continuous use.

Oh when they took the unit out the insulation on then top fell off the enclosure. The skilled craftsman at the factory did not glue it in.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #109
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well rats.. All of our "problems" with out 9 Month old 3402 Big Sky are corrected and we never got a chance to see a dealer or go to the service center. The last problem was the screws pulling out of the compartment doors. We have a friend here at the C.G who has a Mobil suites and had the very same problem with his unit and he showed me the fix. We had 15 minor issues the worst being the compartment door. To prove they were minor I was able to correct all of them myself. I really tried to find some major issues but this thing is very well built.

Our Nor cold fridge did bite the dust and was replaced by Nor cold at their expense. It was their problem.. clogged cooling coils.