Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Slide Tray

I am thinking of getting a slide tray for my basement storage. What size have you guys found most beneficial. 24", 30" 36' Also, I have not yet checked, however, do I need to drop the bottom and bolt it on? I think my holding tanks would be in the way. Or do the rails mount with large screws? Are there installation problems to be aware of. Oh, yes. I have a 2003 3575RL.

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I would shy away from the 36' one Mike, sorry couldn't resist!! I was looking at the same thing in our previous rig (haven't found one narrow enough for the 3750) and after all the considerations, arrived at the conclusion that I would prefer the slide to be as wide as the basement. My logic was that if it had room on one side or the other, that would be room for items to lodge themselves into and jam the slide assembly. This would in turn require me to have DW crawl in and dislodge the item to free the tray.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
I purchased the sliding tray from CW i believe it was the 48". The molly bolts were too long and hit the holding tanks so i had to go to Lowe's and purchase shorter ones. I also put a metal brace across the back for extra support when the slide tray was fully extended. It works great.

CR/LF inserted to avoid excessive scrolling. - CRAFT-Guy

CR/LF inserted to avoid excessive scrolling. - CRAFT-Guy

arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Mike, those sliding trays are as handy as pockets on a shirt however I have an obvious caution. A friend in a S.O.B. had one mounted in his basement and for whatever reason the slide lock either failed (his story)or he forgot to lock it. He rounded a corner and it popped his basement doors open, slide out to the stop and deposited all of his belongings over the road. It sure made a mess of his basement doors and latches.

So, which ever size you get make sure it has a substantial lock.

alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I have decided to rule out the 36'one on the advice of bingo. Thank you. I guess there is no reason to put my rig on a slide tray, after all, my TV is not strong enough to pull the right that slide tray would be on. Thanks for the hint, bingo.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote