Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Home again and busy

Hey everyone-Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am still alive and well. It is good to be home, but there is so much more house to clean than in the fifth wheel and I went out of town for several days and came back to a pretty dirty house. Dave is not the neatest person on the planet.
It has been raining almost constantly since we got home. We are not in danger of flooding but Southern Wisconsin is and there are many roads closed, one of which we use to get to and from. I am glad that we got home when we did. Yesterday and today are the first two days that there has been sunshine. It's been kind of depressing.
We haven't even been able to put up the bird feeders as due to the long winter, the bears came our late and HUNGRY. One of my friends has had a bear on her back deck twice (the first time it crushed her bird feeder which sits at least nine feet up in the air) and trashed the screening on that side of her deck and the next time (there was no bird feeder up or anything to eat on her porch), it came on the deck and trashed the screening on the other side of the deck. Dave is going to help her replace the screen. Fortunately, these incidents happened early in the morning and no one was hurt, except for the bear which took quite a tumble for a small mouthful of bird food.
Murph is doing well as long as she gets her meds and her shots. Thank goodness.
Anyway, just wanted to say hey.
Take care,
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks Betsy for the update,I was wondering how you guys we're doing and how Murph's holding up!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Welcome home, Betsy (and company). Glad to hear Murph is doing well...phew!

May the bears retreat to their own neck of the woods and leave everyone else alone. Please be careful of those pesky critters.

I can relate to the "more house to clean" and some people not being the cleanest... I have one who doesn't wipe his feet (at home OR in the Monty) and it's a perpetual struggle to keep the carpets somewhat clean
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Betsy,

So glad to hear that Murph is still responding well to his medications!

I love it when we go out to Bella for the weekend as it usually only takes about 60 minutes to do a top to bottom housecleaning whereas just vacuuming the stick house takes a couple of hours. (I have a lot of Persian carpets so I have to do the carpets and then the hard surfaces which includes (at the very least) vacuuming under the edges of the carpets.) THEN there is mopping, dusting and bathrooms to clean! UGH!

Bears! Oh my! I hope they retreat soon!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #5
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
The Monty can be a chore too! Yesterday we decided to dry wash it. We got three sides and the roof done before we were done. Love that product! Oh, I didn't mention that we had to cut down tree limbs to get the unit parked beside the house did I? After taking those down and cutting the debris to size we could finally get started on the Monty.

The good news is that we'll have a few years before we have to trim that tree again. The bad news is that 1) we didn't get finished and 2)we no longer have an excuse not to clean the outside. Ugh!

One hour inside works, but the outside is killer!
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote