Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Montana_3937

M.O.C. #3937
Hello

I guess it's time to join the group and introduce ourselves. My wife and I are new rv'rs and new full timers. I am still active duty Navy with just over a year to go to retirement. Being transferred to a new homeport, I figured to "camp" for the last year rather than pay rent or try to buy a house short-term. Then I will be ready to "hit the road" upon retirement. Vivian has been retired from civil service for several years and is waiting "patiently".
We picked the Montana after months of research; the 3400rl floor plan, storage, and construction fit our needs perfectly. Towing with the 2005 F350 Diesel Dually long-bed. We just completed our move to the West Coast thru 12 states, 3600 miles, taking 15 days and staying at some really great campgrounds along the way. We have been really impressed at the openness and helpfulness of people we have met along the way. We are looking for more of the same from MOC.

Montana_3937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hey, what a great way to move!! No hotels. Sounds like you have a nice rig and a plan for a great adventure. Welcome to the MOC Forum. By the time you retire, you will be old hands at this RVing thing.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Welcome to MOC. Join in the forums. Lots of useful info here. Safe travels.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:11 AM   #4
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Seems the 3400RL is the most popular model these days. If you gotta move across country, what better way to go. You have a top shelf combo with the F350. Welcome to MOC and happy camping!!
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:20 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Michael & Vivian to the MOC family.

Sounds like you have your future well in hand. Be sure to keep us posted as to your adventures and whereabouts.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:32 AM   #6
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
First, Thank you for your service and Congradulations of your new Montana and Welcome to the form. Stay safe and enjoy the new home on wheels.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Montana. Sounds like you have a good plan going. Thank you for your service to our country. Hope this year goes quickly for you so you can get on with the next big adventure.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #8
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard Michael and Vivian and congratulations on your new Monty. The 3400 is a great unit and know you will create many happy memories with your new life style. Happy trails to you ......
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome to the MOC. You have great taste in Montana's. We love ours. Also welcome to the West Coast. We appreciate your service to our country and our freedom. Happy trails.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #10
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Michael and Vivian; First and formost THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR WONDERFUL COUNTRY AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU! You have made a wonderful choice as you probably already know. Enjoy your retirement and may your travels be all that you want them to be.
Montana_2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:38 AM   #11
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Welcome Michael and Vivian. You are now hooked up to a great group of people. Happy camping and safe travels.

SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:47 AM   #12
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Michael and Vivian: Did they tell you about the hiddie holes in the bedroom and the pointy thingies in the kitchen? If not let me tell you. The hiddie holes are on the right hand side of the bedroom over the dresser. Put your hand on top of the wood valance. There is a hole there. Put your fingers in it and lift. That is the first hiddie hole. Then if you face the window, with your right hand touch the right hand side of the valance. Not the top. But the side. now pull it towards you from the right hand side. It is on hinges. Great for your xtra keys. Now for the pointy thingies. They are at the sink. Those little drawers that you put your sponges in. They are for holding your rings while you wash you dishes. I don't think the dealers even know about these. I know my dealer didn't. I had to find it out here on the forum. LOL Great RVing. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:00 AM   #13
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Welcome Michael and Vivian! GO NAVY! My wife and I are both prior Navy, our son, son-in-law and his twin brother are all Navy. What a great way to spend your twilight tour. Have a great time and if you ever get to Florida, let me know. You are more than welcome to stay at our place in North Florida.

Again, welcome to MOC!

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:41 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Michael and Vivian! That's a terrific combination of fifthwheel and tow vehicle you have there! I'm sure you will enjoy both immensely.

I see you are in Bangor, WA, now. Where is your new homeport? I recall stopping very briefly at Bangor to offload weapons while on our way to Bremerton. We ended up going to Portland, OR, for overhaul. I was "in" for almost 9 years. Vicki's dad was career Navy. Mine was Navy during War II. Our oldest son and our daughter each did a stint in the Navy.

Good luck. Keep us informed on your adventures both during that last year until retirement and after.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #15
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Welcome to the forum Michael and Vivian.
What a great way to travel huh, you wont need those sea legs too much longer for Vivians sake, and you'll only have one low overhead in that rig ( Pin Box area, overhang ) I also am a old salt, 60 to 64. there is a bunch of great information here, just use the search area to find it or better yet just ask.
Happy trailering.

TT2
Old 06-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #16
Montana_3937

M.O.C. #3937
Thanks Kathi for an intriguing post! We knew about the pointy things, but are baffled about the hidie holes. We have a bank of cabinets above the dresser and could find no holes in them anywhere or in the curtains (valence?)But it was a good hunt!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:43 PM   #17
Montana_3937

M.O.C. #3937
sreigle, My new homeport is Bangor. My ship is being transferred from Kings Bay, GA where we just left. Hats off to you and your family for your service to this great country. Keep the wheels rolling and GO NAVY!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #18
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Michael, Go to the window!!!! LOL..... Reach out and touch the right side of the wood valance. It is hinged.....Look on the inside by the window and you can see the hinges. Now on the outside of that valance if you pull it open towards you you will see the key hooks. Try that. Now go to the top of that very same wood valance. Run your hand along the full length of the top. You should feel the nicely routered hole. Pull it up you will feel a nice long hiddie hole there to. I think. I have gone to the dealers and found both in every one that I have been in. So I don't know why yours should be any different......Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:09 AM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It's possible, Michael, that Keystone has started adding cabinets back to the window above the dresser. That would be good. We have a 3380 and it has cabinets there and no hiddie hole. If they've added the cabinets, this is a good thing. Valuable cabinets have been removed from the bedroom and over the dining table in the past. Maybe they've rethought their design.

Welcome to the forum.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #20
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
So just what to you guys put in this HOLE that you have? is it big enugh to carry a Colt 45? You never know when you might need one of them, or money goes in it. I have a safe, that works for me.