Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
First DUHHHH moment with the Onan Generator

A classic one at the mini-storage lot. Had to fire up the generator so we could start the Splendide washer to accomplish the winterization for it. So there I am trying to get the generator started to no avail, priming, hit starter, nothing, priming, hit starter, nothing. What the heck is going on here??? DW comes out wondering what is taking so long and I politely explain in man language about the technical difficulties I am having and her immediate response is...........
Did you think to turn the propane on???? DUHHHHHHHH!!!
So I sheepishly (while still trying to maintain a manly image) go to the front compartments, turn the propane tanks on, and lo and behold, amazingly the generator starts right up. DW is now considering herself the generator expert and unfortunately I am in no position to argue!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Well, Bingo; some things simply don’t take an engineer to figure out!

On Edit: I’ll have to back off on teasing Cathy now for a while!
Go Cathy!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hahaha...I hate it when that happens.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #4
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Bingo, we have been parked next to a unit same as yours and thought we should mention the only problem they have had with theirs ( this was their first trip) was the molding on the upstairs rightside trim that covers the pulley system fell off on their way here (Myrtle Beach) from south Pennsylvania. I don't believe there is any problem with their Flair mattress as they are traveling with their son and his bride, they are on their honeymoon and I'm sure if there was an issue that would of been mention. Take care Bill & Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bingo,
Never, never admit to anything. You should have said, "Yes, the propane is on!
Then, when she walks away you check to make sure it is on. Whether it's on or off, you go back, start it, and say, "That sure took a long time to fire up!" Case closed!

I was having difficulty putting a slide out. I was getting frustrated. Tried it with the engine off, engine running (SOB) and all other kinds of scenario's and to no avail. Earlene walks up, points to the master key slide lock in the lock position and says, "Does that have anything to do with it!"

Yup! I know those "Duhhhhh!" moments.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
It takes a big man to admit to his DW that he made an error...... It takes a HUGE man to admit it in a public forum....

Myself... I would have done what Waynem said.... Found a reason to sneak outside and secretly turned on the gas and made up some story why it wasn't starting.
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
My father-in-law has you beat. He once called a serviceman out to fix his TV because it wouldn't turn on. The guy came out, plugged the set in, turned it on, and charged my father-in-law $50 for the service call. Turned out my mother-in-law had unplugged it to vacuum and forgot to plug it back in. I told him next time, I'd come over and plug it in for $25.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote