Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Full Timers Test

Well guys, we have sold our house and will be spending our last Thanksgiving in our current home. We are building a new home, however it will not be ready until late February or early March 07. In the interim we will be living in the Monty full time. What a great test for the little woman, Lab, and I to see just how much we really want to full time. I retire in less than five years so we are getting very anxious. Will keep you guys posted on our successes and failures. I hope all the tips we have picked up over the last four years from you guys pay off.

Happy Holidays

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Good luck and enjoy.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
It's a good thing you are down south. We wouldn't last long in Minnesota trying to do that.
Good luck! We've yet to try an extended stay in ours and am looking forward to the day.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
It'll be an adventure!! Enjoy.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good luck and enjoy! I hope you'll be able to travel during your "fulltiming test" so you can enjoy the entire experience of fulltiming.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ditto what Steve said. Full timing and sitting still is OK but full timing and traveling is the best part.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It will work if you want it to work. It is interesting to read this forum over time. The same problem is seen by one person as a total disaster while another sees it as a normal challenge to be met and overcome. Circumstances are, by and large , whatever we make of them. Anybody with "Tex" in their handle should be able to roll with any punch. Happy RVing......

Question: Are you involved with NASA in Huntsville?

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats! I am sure you are going to really enjoy this new phase in your life.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I love being in the Montana. We plan on doing the same thing when we move and build on our property in Montana.

Building a house is so exciting. I love construction of homes. You guys will do great and it will be a good test to see if you'd like to full time.

Do keep us updated and post Photos. It will be great fun to see the progress.

Wishing you the best good fortune on your new home and enjoy every moment you can.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Guys we thank you all so much for the great words of encouragement. I can see right now there is one major lesson already learned; do not try to bring everything from your stick house to your Monty. My wife, God bless her, has brought ever piece of clothing we own. You know what I mean....some I had forgotten about four belt holes back. Anyway, after a scolding and much discussion, we have decided the best this process is teaching so far is to limit clothing necessary and donate those ten items that a very much alike. More to come I am sure.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yep, scaling down is no walk in the park.
We expect regular reports, we all learn from each other.
Good luck to you guys.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Native Tex
Yes, clothes are a problem. Especially if you just retired and have all these "work" dress up clothes. We will be sending many boxes to Hospice. Steve and Vicki gave us some good ideas. One dress outfit for each for weddings and funerals. Another outfit to go out to dinner where jeans aren't acceptable and after that it is jeans, shorts, T-Shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts. We will probably keep a couple more dressier outfits because we like cruises. We have been throwing away worn out clothes on a daily basis. But I still have a lot of suits from working. Someone is going to get a really good deal.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Sue and Ed - we have just come to the same conclusion regarding work clothes. Since I still have to work for a couple more years, then we are focused on shedding the Little Woman's excess needs. We will focus on ours when the time draws closer. Thanks for all for the information.