Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2005, 07:16 AM   #1
Montana_3008

M.O.C. #3008
Mike & Jan

Hey y'all,
I'm a retired Police Chief and the wife is an R.N. We just took delivery of our 2005 3295RK. We live in Fern Creek, Ky. ( Both of us wear shoes! ). We drive a 3500 SLT Dodge dualie with Banks Brake, Edge Power Chip and a six speed manual trany. Enjoy reading comments in the forum but hope not to have the same to deal with!
Mike & Jan

Montana_3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard and congratulations! We really like our 3295RK and still feel we made the right choice for us, both in the 3295RK and in buying a Montana (for the second time). By the way, you don't have to wear shoes to participate in MOC! At least I hope not! Shoes are something I put on when I have to, not because I want to.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Welcome. Hope you get as much information from this site as we have. There is nothing like getting info from those who have actual experience. by the way, Jan is a RN too. I think there are several other nurses on this site too.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Hello Mike & Jan. Welcome to the MOC and congratulations on the new 3295RK. What year model is the 3500 Dodge? I got a couple of questions about the Banks and Edge. I'm sending you a PM. Happy camping !!!
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Mike & Jan and Welcome to the MOC Family.

As I sit here typing this I find myself shoeless. It's not that I don't own any it's just I'd rather not wear them if I don't have to. Seeing as only Lorraine can see me and we ain't expecting any company I'll probably remain shoeless til morning.

Again WELCOME!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome Mike & Jan to the forum. My wife Maureen is an RN too, we are eagerly awaiting her retirement in Oct/2007. Enjoy your many experiences on the road!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Mike and Jan to the MOC, Congratulations on your new Montana. We are so glad that you joined and look forward to seeing your post and hearing about all your great adventures. Please jump on in and have fun. Happy RVing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Mike & Jan,

Welcome to MOC. Like Palebluedot I am interested in your truck. My 03 Ram 3500 has the Jacobs Exhaust brake and I am looking at "bombing" it a little. How about posting your experience with your truck in the Tow Vehicles & Towing so others might see what you have done and wheither we want to challenge our wives with the upgrade. lol.
Thanks and again welcome aboard.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Mike & Jan,
Welcome to the MOC family! You have chosen a great unit. We truly enjoy our 3295RK which we have enjoyed a little over a year now. If and when we decide to go to a newer unit it will definitely be another Montana. When we attend the RV shows we realize how content we are with our choice. Enjoy your new wheel estate!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #10
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hello Mike and Jan and Welcome to MOC.

As those have said before me, I really love our 3295RK. Even though other models tempt me, none really fits my wants and needs like the 3295RK. However the Mr. doesn't agree! He doesn't do the storing, cooking, laundry and arranging and rearranging things like I do though. I suspect if he did then he'd feel more like I do. Then again maybe not as he says I have too much stuff! We'd also go with another Montana if we ever upgrade.

I think you're really going to love your new Montana. Enjoy!

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:57 AM   #11
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the MOC. It's a great place to be. In our short tenure as Montana owners, we've gained a wealth of knowledge from the participants here. And, it's fun to hear about other members adventures.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 06:26 AM   #12
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Hi Mike & Jan...Welcome to Forum!!

We have some good friends in Eminence...they were totally wiped out by the tornado last March(?) and we visited them in late June. Recovery well under way. Pretty country around there, but I sort of prefer earthquakes to tornadoes as the danger du'jour..we spend a lot of our time in the West or SW.

You will certainly enjoy the travel adventure...way different life-style from your previous experience, I'm sure. Look forward to crossing paths somewhere down the line.

I'm sending you an e-mail re some interesting commonalities, family- wise. It will be titled "from Patodonn - Montana Forum".

Best Regards
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:09 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patodonn

I sort of prefer earthquakes to tornadoes as the danger du'jour..
Hey, Pat! This preference must have to do with where one grew up or spent most of their life? Me, I'd way prefer tornados over earthquakes! At least with tornados there's usually a warning and I can SEE it to get out of its way! I always envisioned an earthquake opening the ground which then swallowed me up. Didn't that happen to some folks back in the great quake in Alaska 20 or 30 years ago? No thank you! Tornado any day for me!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:53 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
But there are a lot more tornados than earthquakes. I've been through both - I'll take the ocassional earthquake which does not always destroy where tornados always do.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #15
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Steve: I had a good friend in Anchorage on that Easter day. She told us later that it was the scariest moment of her life, by a big factor...but, as noted, very few and far between, esp.ones that matter. We experienced the Northridge quake of 9?. That was a real eye opener, but really didn't do the extensive damage of a REALLYT big one. Someday, it will come to S. Calif..but we probably won't be in the area.

Sure are LOTS of tornadoes around. We have good friends in Eminence, KY, who lost it all this past Spring...I like the odds better out West.

Best,

PJ
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #16
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am not quite sure how we got to earthquakes and tornados while welcoming you to the MOC, but then sometimes we get a little wierd on weekends. Anyway, glad you could join us. Hope your RVing brings you all the adventure you desire.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:09 AM   #17
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Welcome aboard., Happy travels.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, we get weird no matter what the day!

As for tornados, I've seen the aftermath but lived in Kansas for about 45 years or so and never was in one. I think I saw one way off in the distance, once, but am not sure. Tornadoes cover a whole lot less territory so the odds are very small of being in one. I'd just as soon not experience either a tornado or an earthquake, though.

Sorry we hijacked your thread, Mike & Jan! Stick around and you'll find we tend to get off-topic rather frequently. I guess that's because everyone here gets along and we enjoy "chatting" with each other. I hope you'll feel free to jump right in.