Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Pocket door between kitchen and bedroom

In our 2010 - 3150RL the pocket door rides on a track and we had the inside roller that moves inside the track fall out and we had the inside of the door fall off the track. Being that the monty is still under warranty I took the problem to a dealer and they put the door back on the track. In the event this happens again I would like to be able to hang the door back on the track myself, but I'm thinking there must be instructions on how to hang the door on the track easily and correctly.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to properly hang the door again on the pocket door track?

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Dave and Pat, our door became dislodged when we were traveling the Alaskan Highway last year and I had to stop In Whitehorse, YT to have it put back on the track. The service technician removed the ceiling trim leading to the door. Then he had to remove the wooden trim piece hiding the door rail. Then you can snap the rear roller back into door bracket. Then re-attach the trim pieces.

It turned out I had an additional problem. The washboard roads I was traveling caused the inside screws holding the rail to the ceiling fell out. I had to cut an inspection hole on the back side of our storage cabinet backing up to the door pocket. I was then able to insert new screws and then re-latch the door roller on the track. I attached some trim to the piece I cut out and screwed it to cover the hole.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Yup, just remove the wood trim board on the bedroom side of the door and you can get to it. The last time ours fell off the rail I added some screws to the back end of the rail because mine started sagging. Some people have had to put in a wood brace to hold the end of the rail up. Once you get the trim board off you can see what your problem is and decide what to do. I also used nylock nuts to keep the nuts from backing off and making the door not seal top to bottom on the wall.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
I've started a file for my trailer on all the helpful repair jobs the members come up with to make future repairs easier. Thanks again to the membership for all your expertise.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote