Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2005, 10:17 AM   #1
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Air Circulating Fan For Refrigerator

I had a "D" battery powered fan in my Outback trailer refrigerator that I traded for the Monty. I have a 12 volt computer fan that I would like to install in my Monty's Dometic refrigerator. I can use the 12 volt supply that goes to the light inside the refrigerator for power. That is, if i could figure how I can get to the 12 volts before the on/off switch. Anyone know how this light fixture comes off the side of the refrigerator?

I mounted a little sub miniature switch on the fan so I can turn the fan off and on. I see where I can connect the ground wire , but need a point before the door switch for my 12 volt lead. I think I need to get in behind the fixture to do it.

I guess you can buy the lamp at any RV dealership, any place else you know where to buy them?

Appreciate any help that you can give me...Thanks

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #2
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
I also use a 12v computer fan. I put alligator clips on the fan's leads, removed the bulb from the holder and removed a very small section of insulation from the 12v lead feeding the bulb. Just connect the alligator clips to the +/- . I don't use a switch as we are only occasional campers right now, just remove clips when not running the fridge.
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Good idea about the clips. I finally pulled out enough of the plus lead to tie the fan lead into. Never did figured out how to take the light fixture off the frig wall without forcing and probably breaking it. My fan was the 2 inch type, found that it moves very little air. My son is coming down for a visit tomorrow, so ask him to bring me a larger fan.

Sure appreciate you response, thanks
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote