Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
Finally An Adhesive Remover That Works

I have tried in vain to remove the sticker glue from peeling decals. The list of remedies include Goof Off, Goo Be Gone, a citrus sticker removal used in the trade show industry, 3M eraser wheel, bug and tar remover, Clorox all purpose cleaner with bleach (stay away from the bleach. Stained the camper but this new product removed the stain), Magic Erasers and razor blades. (Stay away from the razor blades too or a slip of the hand will produce a gouge in the fiberglass). Yesterday by pure chance while in a store that buys odd lots, I saw a cleaner, made in the USA, called Insta Lift. For $2.97 I had nothing to lose. Sprayed it on, let it set and wiped it off as directed and with a little elbow grease, the glue came right off. I suspect a rough sponge will work better as it will grab the glue blobs as they come off. Some sections required a second application but the product works. I returned to the store today and bought the remaining 17 bottles to be sure I can do my whole fifth wheel. The product is advertised as "seen on TV". You can Google the information. The product is sold or distributed by O.E.P. Co., Inc, 1001 Broken Sound PKWY, Boca Raton, Florida, 33487. I almost sold the camper because while the inside is pristine, the peeling decals looked terrible and up to this nothing would remove the glue. The product does not remove the decals, only the glue residue. Mine tend to peel. After I scrape the loose ends, I use the Insta Lift to take off the glue before it attracts the dirt and dust.

Neverhome

Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
When I removed my decals I used a 3M eraser wheel to remove the decals and 3M Adhesive Remover to remove the left over adhesive. The old adhesive basically melted when I sprayed the remover on and I wiped it off with a towel wetted with more of the remover.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote