Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
WAXING OUR VEHICLES

For those of us that still wax our vehicles, I have found a great new product from Meguiar's. I have always been a fan of the Meguiar's products so when I saw this new wax on the shelf, I had to give it a try. It is called "Meguiar's ULTIMATE Liquid Wax Pure Synthetic Polymer". It claims to be their most advanced hydrophobic wax with extended protection and amplified reflectivity. It also claims to leave no white residue on plastic parts. All of which I have found to be true. The instructions do recommend using a microfiber towel to remove the wax which I have found to be the best for this particular product. I have always used terry cloth towels to remove wax before, but for this product the microfiber towel works the best. And oh by the way, when you buy the wax it comes with a microfiber towel in the package along with an applicator.

I have been using this wax for about 6 months now and am extremely pleased with it and it has lived up to all of my expectations. I have used it on both of our vehicles at home, which are white and also on my mother's car which is a dark green. The ease of application and removal was easy and the shine is phenomenal. One of things that is most impressive is that it really does not leave any white residue if you get it on the plastic parts of the vehicle. It also seems to last longer on the surface than the Meguiar's Gold Class wax that I had been using.

I did try it the gel-coat on the rig, but it seemed to leave a residue so I will continue to use the Meguiar's Marine-RV one step cleaner wax 50 on the rig. If you like to take care of your vehicle and don't mind waxing it, then give this product a try. I think you will be very pleased with it.

Jack

Old 09-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Hey Senior Chief Jack,

Tks for the info on a new Meguiar's product. Will try it as I Like M's products. I think M's also has what they call "system" waxes" where one product is used to prep and then an M wax to finish. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I have been using this polish for about a year . To clean the oxidation before polishing, about once a year I use Meguiar's paint restorer which is not in any stores and has to be ordered from Meguiar in California. Both do a great job and go on and come off very easy.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jackel1959

I did try it the gel-coat on the rig, but it seemed to leave a residue so I will continue to use the Meguiar's Marine-RV one step cleaner wax 50 on the rig.

Jack
I have used Turtlewax Express Shine on my Titanium since new 2004. It is quick and easy and didn't leave a residue. Being easy I could apply many times a years and keep the Ti shinning. Well with the Montana, this stuff leaves a residue on it which I don't like. Any one know of a product that is an easy spray-on/wipe-off like the Turtlewax Express Shine that will not leave the residue? I just got done using the old conventional auto wax and waxing the 40' Montana was the whole day for me.

Thanks,

Jay
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
I'll have to try the new stuff. My vehicle maintenance box is full of just about everything Meguires from leather cleaner, wheel polish, Back to Black, plastic polish, and waxes. I started using all their stuff on my Vette and it did such a great job I just kept on with the truck. I use the cleaner wax on the RV, but not all at once, I have to wait for my right arm to return to normal length from dragging on the ground after a waxing session. Does wonders for black streaks and waxes the counter tops.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I have not waxed a car in 10 years with the clear coats I see no need. I use Meguires Quick detailer after I wash I get complements all the time.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Using Woofgang products. It's good for a year or more in right conditions. It's water based and goes on easy. I sealed the new F450 in about one hour. Ok it as my minion that did work actually, then he did the Montana ! Noting sticks to it! Mequiiars RV is great product as well! Just came back from camping in Shasta National Forrest, sap just pealed off with wipe of rag! I also coat my windows with Rain X.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #8
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
i did check on the price of Meguiar....it must be great for the prices i saw on line. i just get my rig waxed when i'm down in mexico.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote